Contribute
Register

[Success]Gigabyte Z390M Gaming + i5-9600K + ASUS RX570 8GB + Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked for my motherboard ... obviously not the solution for your one.

Emmm oddly shutting down worked for me a couple times in the past few days but not consistently.

Also, some new additions were updated in the original post, along with some overclocking observations.

@nloth may I ask if you have had any issue with the phase2 of the OSX installation? I have reboot loop. Maybe you can share EFI folder at least for me to see there is no difference

And I would really appreciate the info about your
- motherboard BIOS version at the moment of installation
- version of UniBeast used

My build is really simple
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU i5 8600K
M2 Crucial CT1000P1SSD8
Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz DDR4 (16GBx2) CL16 BLS2K16G4D32AESC

I have gone to the point where I select "Boot macOS Install from Mojave".

1) I select it
2) See Apple logo
3) See installation screen 15 minutes left
In a minute or so the system reboots. And we start from #1.

And I would really appreciate the info about your
- motherboard BIOS version at the moment of installation
- version of UniBeast used

My build is really simple
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU i5 8600K
M2 Crucial CT1000P1SSD8
Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz DDR4 (16GBx2) CL16 BLS2K16G4D32AESC

I have gone to the point where I select "Boot macOS Install from Mojave".

1) I select it
2) See Apple logo
3) See installation screen 15 minutes left
In a minute or so the system reboots. And we start from #1.

Sorry I don't remember the UniBeast/BIOS version used at he first installation - they were both current as of then. I've upgraded Mojave with two supplementals in AppStore and refreshed BIOS to F7 I believe (note that they released F8 two weeks ago).
Last weekend I attempted to upgrade to Catalina and had the same boot loop issue around the second restart. Tries several things but couldn't get around it yet. Reverting back to Mojave via Carbon Copy. My best guess is the LiLu kext doesn't work well with the iGPU configuration on board yet. Previously when I had the same issue I would switch to a eGPU at this stage and it bypasses the bootloop error. But so far no luck with Catalina.

I would recommend trying to play with the iGPU setting in BIOS (auto vs. ON) and also enable Verbose in Clover so you can post screenshots to people on this forum that can help. My Multi-beast version is 4920.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back