Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z390 Auros Pro + i7-9700K + Sapphire RX 580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to grab the Sample.plist from OpenCore and modify it per the guide. Share your EFI and DSDT
I followed the guide to the letter... I used the Sample.plist and modified it with instructions for my specific platform using Proper Tree ( Z390 Coffee Lake ). Added the necessary SSDTs (I used the prebuilt ones).

I was reading about how to get a DSDT dump, but I'm not sure the best method... I would like to share it with you, but could use some guidance on the best way to get this.
I downloaded acpidump.efi but have not installed it into the driver folder because I also have to add something to Misc>Tools in my config in order to use it in UEFI Shell. Didn't want to do that yet unless it's the only way
I do have the debug version, and it mentions that the USB I created should have the DSDT there in a folder called "SysReport" but it's not there on my USB... Perhaps because I created my USB in Windows and it doesn't even have an EFI partition according to "diskutil list" in terminal.

I was reading this for instruction: Dortania Get Copy of DSDT

I have attached my EFI...

One thing I did notice... I'm using 0.7.0 debug version. There is something called "LauncherOption" that replaced BootStrap.efi. My config does not have the LauncherOption enabled. My machine is dual boot, separate SSDs. Not sure if not having this disabled is potentially causing issues. ? It seems it's purpose is to add a boot option in BIOS to avoid conflict with Windows trying to overwrite the OC boot file. ?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
@tech1eguy Hello!

I figured out how to dump my DSDT. I had to use the Shell in OC and point it to acpidump.efi in EFI\OC\Tools.
It wrote 256 files to the root directory of my EFI folder. I included all of the files in the ZIP below.

I changed the file suffix in the first file to ".aml" but left the rest alone.
The EFI in my previous post is the correct one minus the addition of the acpidump.efi file in tools and the addition under Misc for that file in config.

I have noticed that no matter what when I restart from Catalina back into Catalina or from Windows to Catalina or vice versa... I get a panic 100% of the time on the first reboot... reset or power down and reboot, and it boots up fine. There is something going on when it restarts or shuts down that messes up the first reboot...

It seems to have something to do with Whatevergreen, com.apple.kext.AMDSupport(3.1) and com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphics(14.0.7) as per the kexts listed in the panic backtrace.

Thank you for any assistance.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 70
@tech1eguy Hello!

I figured out how to dump my DSDT. I had to use the Shell in OC and point it to acpidump.efi in EFI\OC\Tools.
It wrote 256 files to the root directory of my EFI folder. I included all of the files in the ZIP below.

I changed the file suffix in the first file to ".aml" but left the rest alone.
The EFI in my previous post is the correct one minus the addition of the acpidump.efi file in tools and the addition under Misc for that file in config.

I have noticed that no matter what when I restart from Catalina back into Catalina or from Windows to Catalina or vice versa... I get a panic 100% of the time on the first reboot... reset or power down and reboot, and it boots up fine. There is something going on when it restarts or shuts down that messes up the first reboot...

It seems to have something to do with Whatevergreen, com.apple.kext.AMDSupport(3.1) and com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphics(14.0.7) as per the kexts listed in the panic backtrace.

Thank you for any assistance.
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphics error normally means your DVMT is set to only 32MB and not 64MB

do you have a monitor cable plugged into your motherboard?

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphics error normally means your DVMT is set to only 32MB and not 64MB

do you have a monitor cable plugged into your motherboard?
I will triple check DVMT, but I'm sure it's set at 64mb... Here is a pic of my BIOS setting.
There is a second setting called "DVMT Total Gfx Mem, and that is set to MAX... Could it be as simple as perhaps setting this differently?

I do not have a monitor plugged into my motherboard. I only use the RX 580 for dual display using Display Ports.
IMG_4115.jpeg

I have the iGPU set to headless mode per Dortania Guide. Like this:
Please note, there is only 1 item under this list... I modified the image from the guide to show the platform ID.
The original image included framebuffer-patch-enable and frambuffer-stolenmem which I don't need for headless mode.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 4.26.04 PM.png

Hackintool reports VDA Decoder: Fully Supported... see pic:
Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 4.29.26 PM.png

This is why I'm confused about this panic. Everything is fine as long as I get the panic on the first boot, then reboot and all is well. Would be nice to know what is causing this as I don't want it to eventually not boot at all.

Thank you for any help!

I will triple check DVMT, but I'm sure it's set at 64mb... Here is a pic of my BIOS setting.
There is a second setting called "DVMT Total Gfx Mem, and that is set to MAX... Could it be as simple as perhaps setting this differently?

I do not have a monitor plugged into my motherboard. I only use the RX 580 for dual display using Display Ports.
View attachment 525702

I have the iGPU set to headless mode per Dortania Guide. Like this:
Please note, there is only 1 item under this list... I modified the image from the guide to show the platform ID.
The original image included framebuffer-patch-enable and frambuffer-stolenmem which I don't need for headless mode.

View attachment 525703

Hackintool reports VDA Decoder: Fully Supported... see pic:
View attachment 525704

This is why I'm confused about this panic. Everything is fine as long as I get the panic on the first boot, then reboot and all is well. Would be nice to know what is causing this as I don't want it to eventually not boot at all.

Thank you for any help!
check your other settings from here:

check your other settings from here:
Ok, I went through the link you sent... I have read through this before, but I went down the list and all seems to be in order. So I'm still at a loss...

See screen shots below:

Hackintool shows correct GPU IDs:

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 10.41.43 PM.png

System Info does NOT show the iGPU, as per the guide:

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 10.43.24 PM.png

Hackintool shows correct FrameBufferID:

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 10.41.01 PM.png

Hackintool shows correct readings for Connectors:

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 10.40.33 PM.png

IORegistry shows correct AAPL,ig-platform-id in reverse byte order & correct Model identification:

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.16.00 AM.png

The next screenshots have to do with AppleIntelKBLGraphics... I just posted them for reference, but the guide didn't say anything about them obviously, only my panic report... So not sure if there is any relevant information here:

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.24.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.25.19 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back