Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 & 10.14.4 & 10.15.0 - SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might try keeping your iMac18,3 system definition but change the board ID to that of an iMac14,2 :
Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61.
Thank you! That worked!

I have some differences in my setup so I can't just copy it. (Audio, Thunderbolt, etc.)

Shouldn't matter much as my setup is compatible with your audio, gpu, etc. and I believe also Thunderbolt (havn't tested).

Anyway, the point for you is to try my EFI just to know if it fixes your Shutdown. You can replace back your EFI afterwards and try to dig between the differences.

1. Use my EFI (with ErP Enabled in BIOS)
2. Reboot
3. Try shutdown.

Shouldn't matter much as my setup is compatible with your audio, gpu, etc. and I believe also Thunderbolt (havn't tested).

Anyway, the point for you is to try my EFI just to know if it fixes your Shutdown. You can replace back your EFI afterwards and try to dig between the differences.

1. Use my EFI (with ErP Enabled in BIOS)
2. Reboot
3. Try shutdown.
Sure... I will do that.

Thanks for the great guide! I have same motherboard and Cpu, so just a question:

Do I understand it correctly that the only post install with multi beast is the internet driver?

Thanks!

Thanks for the great guide! I have same motherboard and Cpu, so just a question:

Do I understand it correctly that the only post install with multi beast is the internet driver?

Thanks!

That is right. You can also instead download and copy IntelMausiEthernet.kext to /Clover/EFI/Kexts/Other and you will get Ethernet.

That is right. You can also instead download and copy IntelMausiEthernet.kext to /Clover/EFI/Kexts/Other and you will get Ethernet.

Thank you! It's now up and running, with just one problem. I get an error message every boot when I've logged into High Sierra saying "your computer restarted because of a problem".

I use the iGPU as main output, and it's working great with even 4k 60hz (with alpine ridge card), however I had to change to 18,1 smbios to get rid of glitching. Also, my CPU is shown as "3,7GHz Unknown". Any ideas?

EDIT: I found the problem! After a CMOS reset on the motherboard there is no error message anymore! Also removed nvram.plist from EFI folder.

System seems to work very well now so far. Bluetooth stopped working too, but works now after CMOS reset.

Last edited:
Thank you! It's now up and running, with just one problem. I get an error message every boot when I've logged into High Sierra saying "your computer restarted because of a problem".

I use the iGPU as main output, and it's working great with even 4k 60hz (with alpine ridge card), however I had to change to 18,1 smbios to get rid of glitching. Also, my CPU is shown as "3,7GHz Unknown". Any ideas?

EDIT: I found the problem! After a CMOS reset on the motherboard there is no error message anymore! Also removed nvram.plist from EFI folder.

System seems to work very well now so far. Bluetooth stopped working too, but works now after CMOS reset.

For the bluetooth, there is a glitch with the motherboard where you need to uplug the power cord (and not just turn off the PC) to get the bluetooth back working. It only happened me once, but some users in this thread happened more than once. We don't know as of now how it is caused, if it is hardware specific or Hackintosh related, but when the Bluetooth stops working on OS X, it also stops working if you boot Windows instead, until your remove the power cord for few seconds.

For the bluetooth, there is a glitch with the motherboard where you need to uplug the power cord (and not just turn off the PC) to get the bluetooth back working. It only happened me once, but some users in this thread happened more than once. We don't know as of now how it is caused, if it is hardware specific or Hackintosh related, but when the Bluetooth stops working on OS X, it also stops working if you boot Windows instead, until your remove the power cord for few seconds.

Thanks for the info, mine stops working practically every time I restart the computer sadly.. But like you say, it works when the computer is unplugged for a few seconds. Very strange, and I guess it must be something hardware/bios related since it's happening in windows too! I tried using my bluetooth USB receiver but no luck.

Luckily I usually turn off the power when I'm not using the computer anyway, so it works when I boot it up for the first time :)
Keeping my fingers crossed that a BIOS-update or something will fix it in the future.

Other than that, it's probably the smoothest installation of a hackintosh I've ever done, and it's running super smoothly! Thanks again for the great guide!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back