Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 rev2.0 - i5 4690 - 8Gb Ram - on board HD4600 OS X El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
i5-4690
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody,

today I manage to install a hackintosh using Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 2.0 F9

During all installation process I used a USB wired keyboard/mouse combo.

1. BIOS settings :

IMG_2435.jpg
IMG_2436.jpg

As advised, I first did a F7 (Optimized defaults), set boot to UEFI only and disable vt-d.
But the picture speak by itself. It's my current setting (I switch to classic mode with F2)

2. I prepared the USB Flash drive.

Nothing special here, I've downloaded the OS 10 El Capitan from Mac App store and unibeast did the rest.
All default, UniBeast 6.1

3. Installation :

I just change in BIOS the boot sequence to make the USB drive to boot in first place.
I didn't provide any boot switch, all was left untouched.
Installation went just fine.
Note that I plugged the flash drive in USB 2.0 port, close to the PS2 port.

4. Post Installation (Multi beast 8.1)

Here's are my Multibeast settings :

MB1.png Quick Start

MB2.png Audio

MB3.png Network

MB4.png USB

I'm also using a bluetooth USB adapter GMYLE nano broadcom BCM20702
It's supposed to be working straight out of the box.

BT.png

It's mainly true but I can't really make all those 3 devices work well together.
Keyboard and trackpad are working well but the magic mouse is introducing erratic behaviour.
even to the other devices.

I was really pleased to see this post. I have the same motherboard and I am having problems. I have the same BIOS version and I have set the options as per your post.
I downloaded El Capitan from Apple Store and used Unibeast to put onto a 32 GB USB stick. This completed successfully, although it took longer than the suggested 10 minutes.
I have a Samsung 850 EVO SSD on Sata 0 and a Western Digital Blue 2 TB drive on Sata 1. I also have a dual layer DVD writer on Sata 4. Other hardware is an Akasa card reader, fitted in a drive bay and connected to F_USB1.
My CPU is an Intel Core i5 4690K. I have 16GB RAM (DDR3-2400 MHz).
The CPU cooler is a Corsair G80i GT (liquid cooler). This has a lead to F_USB2. The lead is to set various options in the cooler.
Oh, and finally, I am using the motherboard's graphics through HDMI.
The Samsung SSD already has an EFI boot partition on it, as well as a formatted HFS+ partition of about 110 GB. There is an Ext4 partition the same size also, as I intend to dual-boot with Ubuntu-MATE. Finally there s a 14GB swap partition. This drive's partition structure is GPT.
When I boot, I get the Clover boot screen. I select the 'Boot Mac OSX' option. My screen Has a white Apple logo and a progress bar, which starts quite quickly but takes an age to get to the end. It then just seems to hang there.
Am I doing something wrong?
It would be useful if you could post your hardware. Also, did you do any formatting to your storage devices beforehand.
:banghead:

I was really pleased to see this post. I have the same motherboard and I am having problems. I have the same BIOS version and I have set the options as per your post.
I downloaded El Capitan from Apple Store and used Unibeast to put onto a 32 GB USB stick. This completed successfully, although it took longer than the suggested 10 minutes.
I have a Samsung 850 EVO SSD on Sata 0 and a Western Digital Blue 2 TB drive on Sata 1. I also have a dual layer DVD writer on Sata 4. Other hardware is an Akasa card reader, fitted in a drive bay and connected to F_USB1.
My CPU is an Intel Core i5 4690K. I have 16GB RAM (DDR3-2400 MHz).
The CPU cooler is a Corsair G80i GT (liquid cooler). This has a lead to F_USB2. The lead is to set various options in the cooler.
Oh, and finally, I am using the motherboard's graphics through HDMI.
The Samsung SSD already has an EFI boot partition on it, as well as a formatted HFS+ partition of about 110 GB. There is an Ext4 partition the same size also, as I intend to dual-boot with Ubuntu-MATE. Finally there s a 14GB swap partition. This drive's partition structure is GPT.
When I boot, I get the Clover boot screen. I select the 'Boot Mac OSX' option. My screen Has a white Apple logo and a progress bar, which starts quite quickly but takes an age to get to the end. It then just seems to hang there.
Am I doing something wrong?
It would be useful if you could post your hardware. Also, did you do any formatting to your storage devices beforehand.
:banghead:
I used the intel fan provided with the i5, hdmi output. CPU i5 4690.
I installed on a newly formated Hfs samsung SSD EVO 240 (if I remember well). but at clover stage I believe it shouldn't matter. Sata 0.
I think you should leave unplugged your HDD and DVD until installer is fully loaded.
be sure you usb stick in USB2 on the back, left side.
I have a damaged progressbar at the end of the process for a few seconds (I think it's because I'm using a TV as display) I think I also have a GUID structure option.
so for me I suggest to keep simple and boot clover alone, without other drives, to see if installer loads.

Thanks. I'll try that.
Was your SSD fully formatted as HFS+ (Apple) or did you have an EFI (boot) partition as well?

Thanks. I'll try that.
Was your SSD fully formatted as HFS+ (Apple) or did you have an EFI (boot) partition as well?

It was formated on another mac using a sata usb adapter.
yes, full hsf+ partition, nothing else.

Thanks.
I removed my WD hard drive, the DVD writer, the SD card reader and the link for the cooler, but I still can't get past the white apple screen. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks.
I removed my WD hard drive, the DVD writer, the SD card reader and the link for the cooler, but I still can't get past the white apple screen. I must be doing something wrong.
usb2 ?

I'm using one of the USB ports at the back, next to the PS/2 socket.

The only difference I can see is that I'm using a wireless keyboard and mouse. I'll try a wired keyboard tomorrow. I have a spare one at work.

I did a verbose install, which produces a load of output. I did see the following among the huge amount of text:
hfs: mounted MAC on device disk0s1

I labelled the SSD 'Mac' after I formatted it. So it is seeing the HFS volume.

Frustrating. I don't think I'm far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back