Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
GA-Z86X-UD4-B3 motherboard
i7-2600 Sandy Bridge CPU
G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 PC1333 RAM 16gb
EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB

Install went flawlessly using the guides here. Using WD 750GB hard drives I had, as well as an LG optical drive.

Which version of OSX are you running? I'm considering getting the UD4, and would be interested to hear if there were any differences between the UD4 and the UD5 installs.

I'm running 10.6.8. I'm actually experiencing an issue with crashes, where I have to hold down the power button. Not sure what the cause is, gotta start another thread looking for advice.

This MOBO is on sale at Newegg through the weekend for $160; I'm tempted.
My only question is about support for some of the chips. In particular, MultiBeast supports NEC/Renasus USB chips, but the UD4 has an Etron USB.
But, there is a DSDT for the UD4.
Who can give me some reassurance?

I have the same mobo, and all went swimmingly for me directly to Lion (no Snow Leopard Reqd. - but you need a real mac and an 8GB USB drive) by following An4rchist's advice a few threads from this one. Recommended, but you need use of a Mac.

LucasAdamson said:
I have the same mobo, and all went swimmingly for me directly to Lion (no Snow Leopard Reqd. - but you need a real mac and an 8GB USB drive) by following An4rchist's advice a few threads from this one. Recommended, but you need use of a Mac.

How did it run with SL? Lion seems like it needs a few features worked out before I want to use it as a stable dev platform.

bugbbq said:
LucasAdamson said:

How did it run with SL? Lion seems like it needs a few features worked out before I want to use it as a stable dev platform.

I went straight to Lion, yesterday, so I couldn't tell you. Sorry.

VinnySem said:
GA-Z86X-UD4-B3 motherboard
i7-2600 Sandy Bridge CPU
G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 PC1333 RAM 16gb
EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB

Install went flawlessly using the guides here. Using WD 750GB hard drives I had, as well as an LG optical drive.

Great to know, it's possible for this mobo to run OS X stable - thanks!

What version of BIOS do you have installed? I had F6, F8 fixed a couple of bugs as I recall reading but it also introduced a couple of new bugs, and F9 fixed those... I'd recommend sticking with F6 since there's no DSDT for F9 yet...

I have the same board (Z86X-UD4), but a Gigabyte 6870 video card.

After 10.6.8 update and Multibeast, then rebooting on my rig, the screen came up blank. (video not compatible with SL but could boot in -vga mode). :( I had problems even doing the Lion pre-install (I recall a lot of kernal panics), and I ultimately gave up...

GA-Z86XP-UD4 might be compatible with SL (thanks to the "P" indicating the use of the Intel video), but your video card must make all the difference in getting SL to work.

Once I figure out how to install Lion directly, I suspect it will run fine on Z86X-UD4, without major alterations...

Do you think that f6 is better than f8. why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back