6MB Quad CORE SK1155

Graphics: ASUS 8400GS 512MB DDR2

Western Caviar Blue 500GB SATA3 7200RPM

DVD ROM LG 18X SATA

Alim Corsair 600W

Cooler Master case

Comments:

Hi everyone,
I'm Mac addict, and I looked for a solution to make a Pro Audio workstation for sound design. I have already Mac Pro, and I would like have a second one for recording my separated audio streams (32 tracks). But don't have 3000 USD to spend. So, I build a PC System for 800 USD.

I try first to works with windows 7..until i loose my temper :(
So i decide to install Snow Leopard on my system.

First I use iBoot 3.1.1 and a Retail DVD of Snow Leopard 10.6.
Then use UpdateHelper (for sandy bridge), restart.

install 10.6.8 Combo Update and use MultiBeast 3.8.0 in EasyBeast mode, and add only Ethernet Realtek 811x, USB3 NEC and System Utilities of course. Restarted and everything fine except ASUS 8400 GS. Only one screen and one resolution.

Then I edit the NV50HAL.kext, add my ASUS ref card, use EFI STUDIO And add in apple.boot the efi of my asus card. Use graphic display = Yes. And my card work with two screen one in VGA the other in DVI. The HDMI dont work.
Whatever i will use a Blackmagic intensity pro for playing HD video with Pro tools via HDMI . I installed the latest driver of Blackmagic, and no problem. I install also my RME PCIe Raydat Audio Card with the latest driver no problem. At least Pro tools 9.03 Complete Toolkit. Everything Work Great !

Hi, I have the same motherboard as you, but i am stuck at the way beginning. :/

When i try to boot iBoot (3.1.1), it loads a little bit. But before anything shows up, the computer restarts. I think I have my BIOS settings correct and I tried burning many copies of iBoot (all have the same result).

iBoot legacy boots up but when I try to replace the iBoot disc with the OSX retail disc, it boots from somewhere else (windows partition - says something about NTLDR, tells me to restart by pressing ctrl+alt+dlt)

Ive tried other boot loaders but i can never get lion or sl to start the installation.

Do you think you could help me out?

Make sure you use a SATA dvd drive and not a USB dvd drive. I had that problem and couldn't get my external USB dvd drive to work.

henkim21 said:
@Stork

Thanks for the advice. That link however, tells me to use the iBoot procedure. I can't even get iBoot to run!

To help us understand your problem, you have to completely define your system in a post question, your system profile and your signature block per the FAQs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back