Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Gigabyte Brix BKi3HA-7100 - Install Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try with iMac16,1 or iMac16,2 instead of iMac18,1.
Note: You will need to change the setting in the USB kext I provided...
I see the UsbConnector on all of them is set to 9 - so from IOREG I see that HS02 is the port which has the drive attached and that is to the TypeA connector. I will change HS02 and SS02 to 3 - is that correct?

Also, what's with all these framebuffer patches?
View attachment 365038

It looks a little overdone! What are you really trying to accomplish with the framebuffer setup?
My error - I forgot to remove them after I was playing with FB-Patcher - all I want in there is setting ig-platorm-id

I see the UsbConnector on all of them is set to 9 - so from IOREG I see that HS02 is the port which has the drive attached and that is to the TypeA connector. I will change HS02 and SS02 to 3 - is that correct?

Yes... if HS02/SS02 is a type-A USB3, then UsbConnector for both should be 3.

@RehabMan I cleaned up my config.plist by removing the unneeded Framebuffer settings and some entries which were a legacy of borrowing your Laptop Build config.plist.

These were the changes on top of removing the Framebuffer entries.
ACPI/DropTables - I removed the SSDT xh_rvp10 entry (suspected it may be usb related by its name).
ACPI/FixHeaders I changed from YES to NO

That was enough to resolve the display not coming back to life after sleep.

However there is an issue regarding the Asmedia USB3.1 ports on the front. Although they both now allow USB3 drives plugged into them to show up as internal there is an un-mounting issue. When the machine sleeps the External USB3 HDD is ejected improperly. There is no issue with the rear ports on XHC.

Attachments

• debug_2787.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
@RehabMan I cleaned up my config.plist by removing the unneeded Framebuffer settings and some entries which were a legacy of borrowing your Laptop Build config.plist.

These were the changes on top of removing the Framebuffer entries.
ACPI/DropTables - I removed the SSDT xh_rvp10 entry (suspected it may be usb related by its name).
ACPI/FixHeaders I changed from YES to NO

That was enough to resolve the display not coming back to life after sleep.

DropTables for xh_rvp10 tends to avoid KP on boot. Probably does not happen with full USB implementation, and you don't have an xh_rvp10 SSDT anyway (so that entry has no effect for you). But no reason to keep a DropTables entry you don't need.

ACPI/FixHeaders is needed to correct any table headers with non-ASCII data. It has no effect for ACPI sets without non-ASCII data, but avoids KP for those that do. Again, you have no such SSDTs, so that setting has no effect for you either.

It means "resolve the display... life after sleep" was some other change.

However there is an issue regarding the Asmedia USB3.1 ports on the front. Although they both now allow USB3 drives plugged into them to show up as internal there is an un-mounting issue. When the machine sleeps the External USB3 HDD is ejected improperly. There is no issue with the rear ports on XHC.

You might try the RTC fix.

DropTables for xh_rvp10 tends to avoid KP on boot. Probably does not happen with full USB implementation, and you don't have an xh_rvp10 SSDT anyway (so that entry has no effect for you). But no reason to keep a DropTables entry you don't need.

ACPI/FixHeaders is needed to correct any table headers with non-ASCII data. It has no effect for ACPI sets without non-ASCII data, but avoids KP for those that do. Again, you have no such SSDTs, so that setting has no effect for you either.

It means "resolve the display... life after sleep" was some other change.

You might try the RTC fix.
I tried DSDT/Fixes/FixRTC=YES but it did not resolve the issue with the improper un-mount.

It occurs to me I should ask you to check my DSDT/Patches and see if I have anything enabled that is irrelevant to my hardware or have anything that should be enabled but is not.
I have seen that the IMEI Patches were specific to Skylake but am unsure if they should be applied to Kabylake, I have the EC patches enabled but am unsure of their relevance. I read https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/ and have checked the /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist
the iMac 18,1 is not listed therefore I believe the machine is trying to load USBX

I had a look at the extracted DSDT from the PR files but that is the point where I got lost - I do not have the knowledge/experience to read that and make valid judgements.

There is no EC.aml in my /Clover/ACPI/origin

Does that mean I need to have an entry for USBX in my SSDT-UIASL.aml (maybe one for the RP01@1C)?

Am I barking up the wrong tree with this train of thought?

Attachments

• debug_2787.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I tried DSDT/Fixes/FixRTC=YES but it did not resolve the issue with the improper un-mount.

I'm referring to ACPI patch.
See Probook github config_master.plist.

Found it and applied it but it did not resolve the issue

You might have better luck plugging the device into an Intel USB port.

Also, you should implement _OSI spoofing (_OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml).

As far as USB power properties, you'll need SSDT-EC.aml (just as other BRIX).

You might have better luck plugging the device into an Intel USB port.

Also, you should implement _OSI spoofing (_OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml).

As far as USB power properties, you'll need SSDT-EC.aml (just as other BRIX).

I found the SSDT-XOSI.dsl on Github USB-Inject-All - should I have left as it is or should I remove the comments to enable Windows 10 - I enabled Win10 as that is what I know works with the BRIX, as you will see in attached PR files? Also it is the only item I have in ACPI/SortedOrder. I have never used SortedOrder, do all SSDT's need to be listed there if SortedOrder is used?

I found an SSDT-EC.dsl in the Brix repository on your Github - is there a guide anywhere on what I have to do to configure it to suit - I see it will not compile as it is? See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 16.36.28.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 16.36.28.png
    211 KB · Views: 46
  • debug_12446.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back