Hello guys..

here are my brief specs of hackintosh:
Intel i7 4790k (lga 1150)
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
Sandisk SSD 240gb
Sony DVD-R (Optiarc DVD RW AD-7280S)
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD
Corsair 500W power​

Tried to install Yosemite on this build 6 times...

first few times I forgot just one thing another each times..

after 4th attempt, tried use clover but in some reason it just didn't work even though I could install Yosemite perfectly. So, just followed guide from this website, nothing special or fancy. I didn't even have to use any command when I boot (such as -x, -v etc...)

after I installed Yosemite, I could see via thunderbolt tab : No Drivers are loaded

So I was thinking, maybe I should install window and install the drive, then come back mac. Installed window 7(download from microsoft website, 30days trial version), installed all drivers from Gigabyte CD that came with motherboard, but at this moment still thunderbolt tab says : No Drivers are loaded...

I thought I really screwed up something, but I just wanted to give it a last try. downloaded UAD apollo thunderbolt driver from their website.. and then turn computer off. connect UAD apollo twin, turn Apollo on, and then turn hackintosh on.

Wow, it started working!

I don't know what I did but it just started working.

sleep mode works great.

few things that didn't work :
iMessage
bluetooth (didn't try since I don't really use bluetooth function yet)
internal audio card (I've been using Audio interface so I just didn't use it, it may worked or not)​
other than that, everything works like charm!

I wanted to give a long sleep mode test, so I left everything turned on and slept.

now, just woke up this baby from sleep mode and still everything works perfectly!

Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 9.46.31 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 9.46.31 AM.jpg

P.S. when I was getting through 5 times failing, I was thinking that this should just work since I'm not doing anything wrong.. and 6 times I really focused on installing and everything, and it just worked.
I'm not an expert or anything like that, but I've been building desktop for past 10 years from my youth age, so that might help.. anyway, good luck with you all and let me know if you have any question.

Thanks!

So...how is this a Guide to install Yosemite and get it working successfully?

hi there i've the same mobo and cpu, all is ok with osx 10.10.2 but when i try to switch off i have black screen but the fans and the mobo are still running, any suggest? i always must force by button the power off i've used the last unibeast with 10.10.2 and multibeast 7.2, gpu is gtx 760 asus mars 4gb ram, 16 gb ram corsair 2133 mhz ssd 840 pro drive, thanks in advance. ps also during the boot usually stocks in white screen and i must reset it, after 2 or 3 times everything start like a charm, i really don't understand why

"sleep mode works great."

"I wanted to give a long sleep mode test, so I left everything turned on and slept."

"now, just woke up this baby from sleep mode and still everything works perfectly!"

Shimoyjk,
How did you get sleep to work?
Can't seem to get it to sleep without crashing or waking up from sleep as soon as it goes into sleep.
Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back