Graphics
ASUS GTX650-E-1GD5
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just up and running but here I am, barely. Stork once said, 9 series are PITA. So far most things still need to be worked out. Thanks Tonymacx86 for the Clover guide! After I get more function I'll get with Stork to help put up a guide. Still Geekbenched @ 11143. Promise more later. Happy Hacking :)

Continued to follow Tonymac guide and have boot from EFI partition. (12 sec. from pwr button to log in screen) Screwed it up already and used recovery partition to get back in and restore from time machine. Lots still to do but looking forward to enhanced functionality. Going back to reading posts for now looking for answers.

SPECIAL THANKS To: Going Bald for the encouragement and putting up with me. Happy Hacking! :)

Have a very similar setup and using Clover. Let me know how things progress, I'm struggling to get my system to boot without the Bootable USB stick.

Once i'm booted up though, most things seem to be working. Even have air drop, and air play working.

Except I can't get internal Audio, and ThunderBolt working. Also i'm stuck using integrated graphics.

I actually purchased a ASUS Xonar U7 Sound Card to get around the internal sound issue.

Haven't tested iMessage/Facetime yet.

Thunderbolt is working. Set security to Legacy, and installed windows on a separate HD and installed TB drivers. As others have mentioned, hot swapping is not available. Computer boots up when using discrete graphic card, however as soon as it loads I lose video.

Still booting off of USB stick.

Hi donsjgm,

Any updates on the Z97X-UD7 Clover guide? I haven't been able to find a clover guide for this motherboard yet, and I'm still struggling to make Clover work. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back