Graphics
MSI GTX 970 4G
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Success! Thank you to everyone who was posted their experiences here already.
PS: I installed with 2 RAM sticks, 2x8GB. No issues whatsoever. I removed my Graphics card though, and had the HDMI cable plugged into the o/b HDMI port for the install.

Steps:
1. Follow the first 2 steps from http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

2. On the hackintosh, I updated my BIOS to F7e, the latest from Gigabyte.
2a. F7 -> Load Optimized Defaults
2b. VT-d disabled, Intel Virtualization Disabled.

3. Used -x -v -no-zp maxmem=4096 to get into setup.

4. Rebooted into the OS, same bootflags. Mutlibeast settings are:
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HDAEnabler > Audio ID: 1
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0a
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black​

5. Reboot, no boot flags needed at all.

6. Get nVidia / CUDA web drivers from InsanelyMac / nVidia, and reboot. Once back in the OS, in the nVidia toolbar, choose "Use nVidia Web Driver." It'll ask you to reboot. Shutdown instead, plug in the Graphics card, move the HDMI cable over and you're good to go!

----

On another note, does anyone know how to get HDMI audio working from the GTX960 and/or the HD4600? The onboard speakers work, but I'd like sound out of the HDMI ports for gaming.

And I'm getting USB freezes now. Help?
EDIT: Oops, forgot to install the USB3.0 driver. Works fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, thanks for your guide, is yours still working 100%?

I have exact same mobo/cpu and followed your guide fully but and am having issues:
- slow to boot, sleep/wakeup & shutdown
- no sound (although I have got around this by using kexts from Multibeast Mavericks edition)
- most annoying of all - keeps crashing!

I wonder if my issue is with the memory? I have the Crucial BLT2CP4G3D1869DT2TXRGCEU Tracer 2x4GB, although this is in the Buyers Guide, I see looking on the forums that most people are using the G.Skill

Can anyone help???

Hi, thanks for your guide, is yours still working 100%?

I have exact same mobo/cpu and followed your guide fully but and am having issues:
- slow to boot, sleep/wakeup & shutdown
- no sound (although I have got around this by using kexts from Multibeast Mavericks edition)
- most annoying of all - keeps crashing!

I wonder if my issue is with the memory? I have the Crucial BLT2CP4G3D1869DT2TXRGCEU Tracer 2x4GB, although this is in the Buyers Guide, I see looking on the forums that most people are using the G.Skill

Can anyone help???

Sorry for the late reply. It was working 100% until I started playing with Clover haha.

Slow boot/ shutdown: Delete the IntelGenericUSBXHCI.kext, repair permissions, reboot.

Sound: Realtek 1150 from Multibeast AND Optional Audio: 1. (I get onboard sound, no HDMI sound yet.)

Crashes went away after a while. Not sure what changed, tbh.
Try installing with "maxmem=4096 -no-zp" for bootflags. Really helps me out!

razorblade -

Thanks for the write up. Planning to do the exact same build, but with on board graphics (for now). I also saw your other thread where you were having issues with Clover - did you end up having success with Clover or did you go back to Chimera?

Thanks!

I have this exact same config except for the memory. For the life of me I cannot get the GTX960 to work correctly. I ended up installing with Clover and the system is rock solid stable but whenever I try to install the GTX960 card, I get a black screen. Using screen sharing I can see the computer is up and running without issue. I've installed the drivers and CUDA updates but no matter what I try I get the black screen using HDMI or DVI.

I've seen other posts with the black screen issues but their resolutions don't help me. Any insight into issues you faced with the GTX960 would be appreciated.

I've just done basically the same build to this, however my GTX 960 is a 4gb STRIX from ASUS and I'm running 32gb of Kingston Hyperx Fury White RAM (4 sticks at 8gb each). Not sure if its 1866mhz. I've also installed OS X on an Intel 320 Series SSD 120gb. Power supply is a Seasonic X650. Motherboard Bios is F6.

I've followed this guide to the T and everything went just fine. The only difference is that when I made the USB install disk for Yosemite 10.10.4 I selected Legacy USB Support (not sure if this changes much).

I'm getting CONSTANT freezes at random times;
- running the App Store application
- opening a new tab in Chrome
- turning the monitor on and off
- or NO reason at all just moments after loading OS X

I've tried loading 'optimal defaults' in BIOS and still having the same issues. I've yet to mess around with RAM, voltage, C-States, LAN, etc. But before I do, is there anything I should look out for? This is really frustrating.

I should note, I've been able to replicate the freezing by turning off my monitor. However, when I turn it off and back on, I get a short freeze and then the computer works fine. But if I turn it off and back on AGAIN, then it freezes completely. It's a Dell U2410 with my JBL USB Pebble speakers connect, a Samson Meteor mic, a Logitech MX518 mouse and my Apple keyboard, all through the monitor.

Thanks! Just build my first Hackintosh with this guide and it went perfect with no issues. My specs are GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK , i7-4790k , 32GB G.Skill DDR3, GTX 980ti

Hello and thanks for your detailed post.

I just assembled my first CustoMac based exactly on the top recommended components from the March 2016 Buying Guide. Installation went well but I'm having some stability issues, especially since installing the software for my external audio interface (firewire). I get kernel panics on boot, maybe a third of the time. This happens more often with the interface plugged in. After loading the OS and logging in, if I plug in the audio interface then the OS freezes solid. This happens roughly half of the time.

I'm considering re-formatting and giving it another go from scratch. I'm wondering, do you recommend starting with Yosemite or El Capitan for the greatest stability? The first time I installed, I used no boot flags and left the video card and all RAM plugged in. This didn't seem to cause any issues so is there any point in removing them for re-installation?

Thanks.

Thanks! Just build my first Hackintosh with this guide and it went perfect with no issues. My specs are GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK , i7-4790k , 32GB G.Skill DDR3, GTX 980ti

Are those G.skill Trident or Ripjaws you used ? I'm also wondering, should there be any difference at all between UD3H Blk or Gold/yellow? I read that they made black for the people that couldn't stand the Nice shiny gold lol. I think the boards are identical other than the color scheme. If I missed something, I'd love to hear about the missing link(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back