Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z77-DS3H / 3570k @ 4.4GHz / GTX 560 Ti / 16GB 1600MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mistake: I accidently ordered the i5-3570 without K :-/ I now ordered the K-Version and send this CPU back to Amazon.

Can you tell me where in the Bios you set the Voltage to 1.095V?

Thanks in advance and for your help :D

Ah. The 3570k is worth every penny extra. Unless you need VT-d or an extra £9-£11 the 3570k will give you HD4000 and overclocking. Not even sure why the 3570 exists tbh!

When you enter the BIOS ensure you're in 3D mode then click on the CPU Socket. Then you can pump up the voltage and multiplier :)

Hello blackthund3r,

can you please clarification about editing SMBIOS to reflect the new clock speed?

i have change the frequency in the bios but in mas osx i show wrong moltiplier and cpu speed

thank you

bonz :)

Hello blackthund3r,

can you please clarification about editing SMBIOS to reflect the new clock speed?

i have change the frequency in the bios but in mas osx i show wrong moltiplier and cpu speed

thank you

bonz :)

Here's my SMBIOS plist. I blacked out the serial so nobody tries to use mine; it's been randomly generated and could mess up my App Store ;P

The important bit is SMmaximalclock: set this to your speed in MHz (ie 4200 for 4.2GHz)

Have fun!

Attachments

• SMBIOS.tiff
    102.2 KB · Views: 324
Install very similar to yours. Hardware wise, my CPU is Intel 3470 but I had no problem with it because of the discrete 560 ti. It was very stable until today when I got back from work and had both my monitor and HDMI connected TV stuck on a blue screen (attached a photo of my monitor). No app was running when it blue screened. I could open a ssh connection from my laptop. I just hit the power button and after the restart it was alive again.

Did you had any blue screens?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    491.8 KB · Views: 284
Install very similar to yours. Hardware wise, my CPU is Intel 3470 but I had no problem with it because of the discrete 560 ti. It was very stable until today when I got back from work and had both my monitor and HDMI connected TV stuck on a blue screen (attached a photo of my monitor). No app was running when it blue screened. I could open a ssh connection from my laptop. I just hit the power button and after the restart it was alive again.

Did you had any blue screens?

I've had a black screen issue and another where all the apps were glitched up. I just reinstall Mountain Lion flat over the top: problem solved.

To install iI needed GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0 which got me past the postboot black screen. I don't use PCIRootUID to boot the working system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back