NVidia GT 550 (CUDA)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just thought I'd quickly write the steps I had to take to get this all working with my setup (details of HW at the bottom of this post).

First - do a clean install - make a backup of your files. I tried doing an upgrade and lost most of the icons on the screen.

1/ Create USB stick image with Unibeast and DL version of ML from the App Store
2/ Install WITHOUT my 550ti in the system (so using HD4000) - I repartitioned the HDD to be clean, had 16Gb RAM installed, HDD in 6Gbs (white) port and didn't bother with any kernel settings
3/ Boot USB to Single User mode
4/ Fix boot0: error by doing the following:
- - cd /usr/standalone/i386
- - sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2
5/ Boot onto new install via USB (Chimera not yet installed on HDD)
6/ Install UserDSDT, maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet & Chimera via MultiBeast
7/ Shutdown & install 550ti (no config changes required at all for the 550ti - worked OOB)

All is working really well with a Geekbench score of 12865 - better than what I got in Lion!

Hope this helps anyone else with the same bit of kit as me!

Motherboard: GA-Z77-D3H
CPU: i5 3750k (overclocked to 4Ghz)
HDD: 6Gbs 2TB Seagate Barracuda
RAM: 4 x 4Gb Corsair 1600Mhz
GPU: GA GTX 550Ti (1Gb - but ML says it has 1.5Gb)
BT: Belkin USB (both Magic Trackpad & Apple BT Keyboard working without issue)
Sound: Basic Pluscom USB 7.1

USB3 working OOB with ML!

PS I never got the HD4000 working properly - just basic 1024x768 for the install - didn't try hard though as I had a better GPU anyway.

Are you having any issues with the 550Ti? I have an EVGA 550Ti and everything seems to work ok but have issues playing a video with Quicktime in full screen. After a while if I try to get out of full screen, everything will go black, audio will continue to play in the background but cannot get out of full screen. Have to force reboot for it to come back. I also had to remove the 550Ti and install with HD3000 on my 2500K, didn't get full resolution with that either. Only used Multibeast for UserDSDT and Audio. Below are my specs.

GA-Z77-DS3H
i5 2500K
16GB RAM
EVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB
TPLink TL-WDN4800 Wifi (works OOB)
IOGear GBU421 BT (works OOB)
Logitech C270 (works OOB)
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB (currently on Lion, everything works perfect)
WD 1TB (Time Machine)
Samsung 2TB (Storage)
WD 320GB (Running ML)

I'm just following this through now. Which DSDT do you put on the Desktop before installing Multibeast UserDSDT?

You shouldn't need a DSDT with this board, but just make sure you select the UserDSDT option in Multibeast.

OMG it looks like it's actually working! I've got past boot with the 550Ti!
Thanks!

EDIT: Comes back with a fragmented background after screen goes blank in energy saver, but active windows are ok. Some issues then, but at least it's starting to work.

Yep thats a known issue with the 550Ti. Try watching a video on Quicktime for a few minutes in full screen, I cant get out of full screen, apparently thats another issue as well.

Fullscreen video with VLC seems to be fine. Fullscreen in iTunes won't even play, and gets stuck. Sound plays, but picture is stuck on the first frame.
Also, since reinstalling with this method I can't get TRIM enabled any way - tried Multibeast, Mountain Tweaks and TRIM Enabler.
Wake from sleep is not working with this install method or the previous one I tried (Easybeast).

EDIT: Got TRIM working by adding IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and TRIM Enabler in Multibeast.

Glad this is also working for others with the same setup! I do have the same issues with the 550ti but VLC works perfectly in fullscreen. I also tried to play the original Trine, which worked as well as in Lion except when I came to exit the game - it did freeze the display and I had to hard-boot the system.

I may be in the market for a different GPU!!! Now I know there is a GPU compatibility list in this ML forum... time to find it!

Just thought I'd quickly write the steps I had to take to get this all working with my setup (details of HW at the bottom of this post).

First - do a clean install - make a backup of your files. I tried doing an upgrade and lost most of the icons on the screen.

1/ Create USB stick image with Unibeast and DL version of ML from the App Store
2/ Install WITHOUT my 550ti in the system (so using HD4000) - I repartitioned the HDD to be clean, had 16Gb RAM installed, HDD in 6Gbs (white) port and didn't bother with any kernel settings
3/ Boot USB to Single User mode
4/ Fix boot0: error by doing the following:
- - cd /usr/standalone/i386
- - sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2
5/ Boot onto new install via USB (Chimera not yet installed on HDD)
6/ Install UserDSDT, maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet & Chimera via MultiBeast
7/ Shutdown & install 550ti (no config changes required at all for the 550ti - worked OOB)

All is working really well with a Geekbench score of 12865 - better than what I got in Lion!

Hope this helps anyone else with the same bit of kit as me!

CPU: i5 3750k (overclocked to 4Ghz)
HDD: 6Gbs 2TB Seagate Barracuda
GPU: GA GTX 550Ti (1Gb - but ML says it has 1.5Gb)
BT: Belkin USB (both Magic Trackpad & Apple BT Keyboard working without issue)
Sound: Basic Pluscom USB 7.1

USB3 working OOB with ML!

PS I never got the HD4000 working properly - just basic 1024x768 for the install - didn't try hard though as I had a better GPU anyway.

I'm experiencing the 'infamous' GTX 550 Ti that a lot of ppl are having at this time, so I tried your suggestion.

However, when booting from Single User Mode while the USB Unibeast still in place (correct me if I'm wrong, but in the Chimera boot screen, when you can select Unibeast or ML installed, you type ''-s'' while choosing the Unibeast installer, right ?), I do not have a boot0 error :. The last line of code that I see is '' -sh-3.2# ''. I'm typing down '' - - cd /usr/standalone/i386 '' but it is saying :

-sh: --cd/usr/standalone/i386: No such file or directory

.. ?? How did you achieve step 4 ? I have the same specs as you :

CPU: i5 3750k
HDD: 6Gbs 1TB Seagate Barracuda
GPU: GA GTX 550Ti

THANKS A LOT !!!!

(And sorry for my extreme n00bishness.. first time I'm building a Hackintosh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back