Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z68XP-UD3 F8 BIOS Rev 1.3 | Core i7-2600K | Radeon HD6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!
I have the same hardware as you except for the graphics; I use a Geforce GTX 550 ti and my mobo runs the F10 version
.So far everthing is working fine, I use my build for music mostly and Logic works ,also Ableton live and Sibelius 6.2.
I haven't tried out my Native Instruments Maschine along with Komplete 8 .
P.D.: my sound card is a Focusrtie Saffire 24 DSP( firewire) and also works via firewire PCI card.

Nice! :)

Worked so far for me. Thank you!

But: Sleep isn't working on my System. It didn't wake up and reseted my CMOS. Any suggestions ?

I5-2500k
16GB 1333MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon 6870
GA-Z68-XP-UD3

Sorry, I hardly ever use sleep to begin with so I'm not too familiar with it. Maybe a more knowledgable reader can pipe in?

Thanks for your instructions!

I followed every detail and yet my build still isn't running.

Core i7 - 2600K
GA-Z68XP-UD3 F10 Rev 1.3
Gigabyte ATI HD 6870

I'm considering returning my 6870 and getting a GTX 560Ti instead since those seem to have more support in ML.

Right now it boots into ML and I can see the dock and finder but can't click on anything. It just stays frozen.
I've been trying different framebuffers like Duckweed or Gibba, nothing seems to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Preface: I was already running a stable Lion build on the same hardware, so this guide only walks through how I upgraded to Mountain Lion. The STEP's referred to in this guide are from tonymacx86 - UniBeast 1.5: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC.

Follow STEP 1: Purchase OS X Mountain Lion and STEP 2: Prepare a UniBeast USB.

Prior to STEP 3:
- Unplug power cord, remove graphics card & plug monitor cable into the on-board video port.
- Unplug Ethernet cable and all other peripherals except for a USB keyboard and mouse. Plug in power cord.
- Power on, press F12 to choose boot device. Select USB HDD.
- At boot screen choose USB, type GraphicsEnabler=No (just start typing, command line will pop up) and press Enter.

Now continue following STEP 3, starting at #4 through #16. When the installation completes, however, shutdown instead of restarting.
- Plug in Ethernet cable.
- Power on, press F12 to choose boot device. Select USB HDD.
- At boot screen choose Mountain Lion, type GraphicsEnabler=No and press Enter.

My previous Lion setup used a second 1TB internal hard drive for Time Machine Backups, so I used Setup Assistant to restore all of my backed up user profiles, media & data to my new installation. If you do not wish to restore any data at this point, skip this step.

Continue following STEP 4, #1 through #7.

Run MultiBeast 4.6.1, select the following options:
- UserDSDT Install
- System Utilities > Repair Permissions
- Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Unified Device Injector > ALC8xxHDA
- Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > AppleHDA Rollback

After MultiBeast finishes, shut down, re-insert graphics card (and any other peripherals) then power back on.

If the Internet is not working, re-run MultiBeast and select:
- System Utilities > Repair Permissions
- Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Network > Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet v0.0.90

Complete the Lnx2Mac installation, restart. As a general rule I always run MultiBeast > System Utilities > Repair Permissions after installing any additional software, including Updates from Apple.

Edit: Forgot to mention, everything seems to be working just fine (sound, Internet, apps). If that changes I'll post another update. Enjoy!

maybe not funny to say, that you dont tested your system well. this MB have problems with USB 3. =(
bit frustrated, people say they have success, but their system is running on 70%, (most are comfortable with it). But I test some very simple things, and just dont work.

hey,
i have almost the same build except the UD5 version of the motherboard.
do you guys know of any problem that might arise in running mountain lion with this version?

thanks
aw

Hi there!
I have the same hardware as you except for the graphics; I use a Geforce GTX 550 ti and my mobo runs the F10 version
.So far everthing is working fine, I use my build for music mostly and Logic works ,also Ableton live and Sibelius 6.2.
I haven't tried out my Native Instruments Maschine along with Komplete 8 .
P.D.: my sound card is a Focusrtie Saffire 24 DSP( firewire) and also works via firewire PCI card.

I plan to use apollo with FW PCI Card...hope it will work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back