Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev1.3 F12, i7-2600K, GTX 560 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with the onboard firewire... i never had an issue.
Same board as u.

Also, why haven't you moved to UEFI BIOS?

Did you switch to uefi on this mobo?

Nice tutorial though i have one problem unibeast icon does not show up in the bootloader?:banghead: it driving me CRAZY?? i have bought Mounatin lion from Mac Appstore?

Specs:

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
I5 2500K
8GB RAM (1866 Mhz)
ASUS EN210 1GB (Working in lion with dual monitors full res and QE)+

Did you switch to uefi on this mobo?

I haven't switched because I'm still on Lion using the latest DSDT and everything is working correctly.

I'd like to switch to UEFI, and move to ML, but can't be a tester as I only have on machine. I wanted some confirmation as to whether UEFI was solid or not.

I see a lot of [SUCCESS] posts, but reading through them they don't sound like success, not like a 100% Lion build.
Almost there, but not quite.

First of all, thanks GrinRoth!

Essentially my 10.8 is running fine so far! just did a clean install, after having been on 10.7.4 for some time now. I'm running almost the same system, as you are. Only difference is the 570 instead of 560 ti.

I tried your setting, but as I didn't get the Ethernet running that way, I decided to go back to my 10.7 standard and installed the Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7 instead of the hnak's AppleIntelIE1000e Ethernet. Worked fine for me.
Furthermore, I can confirm your longer loading times. Did you get to solve that by now? I have no idea what to do about it...

However another problem, I didn't exactly solve so far is the eSATA-port. It didn't work at the beginning, so I installed 3rdParty eSATA via Multibeast, and I got the HDD I connected to the port running. But Mac OS only showed it if it had been connected when booting and even then it was shown as internal drive. So I erased the IOAHCIBlockstorageInjector.kext from S/L/E, but hence all of my other drives are shown as external as well. Any idea how I can make the eSATA-port appear external and the SATA-port internal? Does it work with your system?

One more thing: Do your USB 3.0-ports work fine? Whenever I boot they don't recognize whatever I have connected to them. Only if I connect it when the system is running. I additionally installed USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas and Etron, as there had been nothing showing up connected to the ports before.

I'd honestly appreciate any kind of help. Thanks.

This post helped me out so much. Thanks GrinRoth. I finally got my first Hackintosh up and running with Mountain Lion. Same motherboard, and the NVidia 670. I used youtube.com/watch?v=FBfcZxZOQAw this tutorial to get the 670 up and running. So much easier than the painful frustration I had with the 6970 and Lion.

I used pretty much the same settings GrinRoth did, only without the StorageInjector. My eSATA port isn't working, and neither is the Firewire, but from other posts on the forum, that's pretty standard for this motherboard. I don't think the USB 3.0 will work, but I've never had need of it, so I can't test it. I'll probably get the Syba eSATA card and their Firewire 800 card once I make sure this hackintosh can run FCP7. If it can't do that, well, no point in throwing more kit at it.

I apologize if i'm not being specific as others, but I barely understand what I'm doing myself. I'm just hoping I can get this into a functional editing machine so I can give my 2009 iMac a rest.

Thanks again for the post, this motherboard is mostly a success (if you don't need USB 3, Firewire, or eSATA). It's not like the current Mac Pros give you those options anyways.

After hours and hours hitting a brickwall trying to get my setup working (from an existing working Lion), your post saved my (computer's) life :D

I've encountered a lot of errors, and bugs, and these steps worked like a charm, here's my complete list of components for similar fellows trying to get ML up and running:

GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 F10 BIOS
8GB DDR3 Corsair 1333mhz
Nvidia GT240 1GB DDR5
OCZ 120GB [boot]
Samsung F3 1TB
WD Green 1TB

Thank you, thank you, thank you :D

Cheers
Luke

Did you ever get your sleep to work on your system? I pretty much have the exact same system as you minus you having more RAM and a Saphire card instead of my XFX. I am having an issue where I have no video after waking from sleep. I am trying different Aticonfig values right now and I'm not sure what smbios would be best for me to use. I'm at Mac Pro 5,1 at the moment, but it didn't work on 3,1 either.

Thanks GrinRoth for this tutorial.

My specs: ga-z68x-udh3-b3 - core-i5-2500k@4000 ghz - ati radeon sapphire 6670 ultrasilent

My issues: sleep and webcam don't work. Multibeast failed to install kexts.

Did you ever get your sleep to work on your system? I pretty much have the exact same system as you minus you having more RAM and a Saphire card instead of my XFX. I am having an issue where I have no video after waking from sleep. I am trying different Aticonfig values right now and I'm not sure what smbios would be best for me to use. I'm at Mac Pro 5,1 at the moment, but it didn't work on 3,1 either.

[SUCCESS] and failure GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev1.3 F12, i5-3570, geforce 8400gs

Hey GrinRod:
your info has been reaally helpfull, i have the same mobo, with intel 3570, not the k version and nvidia 8400gs.
i got succes once but im trying to get up and running again because i want to update to 10.8.4, and also i want to upgrade to an nvidia gt 640.
i dont remember how i achieve it, i will aprecciate your help, because if i just use multibeast it boots but no usb after mac white screen.

a bit urgent
regards wolfintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back