NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
System specs:

MB: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev1.3 F10
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
GPU: onboard Intel HD 3000

This system was already working perfectly with OSX Lion (I followed Gordo's guide), but since Unibeast for Mountain Lion was available I decided to upgrade through a clean install.

I followed the following steps to make it work:

1. Download Mountain Lion from the AppStore
2. Create a new Mountain Lion USB drive using latest Unibeast 1.5.2 (without any flag checked)
3. Download DSDT from the database according to your bios version and put it on the Unibeast drive
4. Download latest Multibeast (Lion Edition) and Kextbeast and put them on the Unibeast drive
5. Turn on your PC and press F12 to bring up the boot menu, choose USB-HDD
6. Boot the installer with GraphicsEnabler=No
7. Once you reach the installer, open Disk Utility to create/format the partition (Mac OS Extended, Journaled)
8. Install OSX on the partition you just created
9. Reboot from Unibeast drive (F12 for boot menu, USB-HDD), highlight the new OS partition, type GraphicsEnabler=No
10. Follow the guided configuration and once you reach the desktop, open your Unibeast drive and copy the DSDT.aml on the Desktop
11. Launch Multibeast and check options as in the attached image (NOTE: under SSDT choose the right CPU, mine is an i5)
12. Reboot from internal HDD

Congratulations! You now have a fully working OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion!
But we aren't done yet...

To avoid CMOS reset on reboot, you have to do the following:
- Copy AppleRTC.kext from S/L/E to the Desktop
- Open Terminal and copy/paste the following line:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' ~/Desktop/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
- Move original AppleRTC.kext from S/L/E to Trash
- Open Kextbeast (CTRL-Open) to install patched AppleRTC.kext
- Move AppleRTC.kext from Desktop to Trash

One last thing! I noticed on reboot that the screen resolution wasn't kept. So I simply added the following lines in org.chameleon.Boot.plist (located in /Extra):

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32@60</string>

That's my monitor resolution, you should set it according to your monitor/tastes...

Attachments

• Multibeast-ML.jpg
    Multibeast-ML.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 1,194
Hello Floro, I have the same exact hardware as you and I can't seem to get my HDMI Audio to work. I have followed your instructions to the tee with no avail. I also followed Gordo's Guide with the same result. Do you know where am I doing it wrong. I would just like to use my HDMI with Audio so that I could connect it directly to the TV. I have also tried the guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...rt-2b-dsdt-edits-integrated-intel-hd3000.html with the same result.

Have the exact same set up going to give a go, any problems with the USB 3.0?

Nova Bench

I don't know since I haven't got any USB 3.0 device to try with... anyway system profiler shows the USB Super-Speed Bus.

Attachments

• Schermata 08-2456156 alle 14.02.05.png
    Schermata 08-2456156 alle 14.02.05.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 294
Hello Floro, I have the same exact hardware as you and I can't seem to get my HDMI Audio to work. I have followed your instructions to the tee with no avail. I also followed Gordo's Guide with the same result. Do you know where am I doing it wrong. I would just like to use my HDMI with Audio so that I could connect it directly to the TV. I have also tried the guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...rt-2b-dsdt-edits-integrated-intel-hd3000.html with the same result.

I'm sorry but I can't help, I'm using HDMI for video only and analog for audio...

Any problems with the boot up time , seems a little slow not much but slower that of 10,7,4, have both on identical ssd drives...... maybe 5 to 8 second slower

I also noticed slightly longer boot time compared to 10.7.4, but it's common as I read on another thread.

I don't know since I haven't got any USB 3.0 device to try with... anyway system profiler shows the USB Super-Speed Bus.

UPDATE: tried with an USB 3.0 Flash Drive... system profiler detects it, but no drive shows in Finder nor on the Desktop...

I too had problems with USB 3, installed the CalDigitUSBxHCI from Multibeast, seems to work......still testing but so for so good.....

Also I moved some of the usb devices and had a logitech 510 webcam installed on the usb 3 port, and started to get kp all the time, but move it to a 2.0 port and all is good.

For some reason my mouse has started to jump lag, not sure what i have done but its been working for ever ok since installed, i have not changed anything what so ever. Was wondering if you experienced this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back