Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i52500k, Rad HD 6850, Lion/SnoLe

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm running into a problem.. I've flashed BIOS to F5, and followed this guide exactly.

i've installed 10.6.8, and done update helper and multibeast and all that according to the guide, once i try to reboot, i get a Kernel panic as soon as it hits the gray screen.

attaching pictures of the screen..

I have tried putting in my video card, the HD 6850 and tried all the ports with no luck. The only way i get any picture is with the integrated DVI. Don't have VGA to try.

thanks for any help you guys can give!

Attachments

• IMAG0252.jpeg
    IMAG0252.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 289
  • IMAG0251.jpeg
    IMAG0251.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 278
Hello I have built my machine to Frostcalls spec apart from swapping the i5 with a i7. I have got the machine up and running with Lion installed, all parts work apart from graphics card.
basically I only have a VGA monitor or a HDMI projector to test on, so I have bought a DVI-D to HDMI cable and a DVI to VGA adapter. So I am running my Giggabyte ATI Radeon HD6850 but when plugged in to either DVI sockets with my adapters the screen just says no signal halfway through booting... it gets to grey apple screen and just goes dead.
Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Do I need a screen with DVI to make this work?
I am sick of buying different adapters, for a last effort I have just ordered a Display Port to HDMI to see if this will resolve my problems. Please anyone any Ideas????

P.S. In regards to question about USB3 in Lion my board is a Rev.1

bthomas530 said:
i'm running into a problem.. I've flashed BIOS to F5, and followed this guide exactly.

i've installed 10.6.8, and done update helper and multibeast and all that according to the guide, once i try to reboot, i get a Kernel panic as soon as it hits the gray screen.

attaching pictures of the screen..

I have tried putting in my video card, the HD 6850 and tried all the ports with no luck. The only way i get any picture is with the integrated DVI. Don't have VGA to try.

thanks for any help you guys can give!

bthomas530,

Make sure the boot into Lion is from the MultiBeast boot loader installed on the Hard drive and not iBoot on the CD. IE remove the iBoot disk. I also had to use PCIRootUID=1 then reran MultiBeast first time in Lion and never looked back.

Oh, and get the Magic TrackPad. The full use of gestures is what makes OSX so awesome.

I'm just trying to get into Snow Leopard. I did not have the iBoot disk in the drive when encountering this problem. This was booting from the Hard Drive.

How do you go about setting PCIRootUID=1?

rolexbene said:
a DVI to VGA adapter.

I found these don't work. I had to swap monitor to one with a DVI input.

I followed Tony's instructions to the letter and was successfully able to install Lion over my existing (fully working) 10.6.8 SL partition. New OS Lion boots up fine except that I have the following issues and need help to get these fixed:

Ethernet doesn't work.
Audio doesn't work.
USB 2.0 works fine
USB 3.0 (Dont have hardware to test)

The other question I have is the Chameleon Boot Screen now shows the Installer Partition, I know I can hide it by updating com.apple.Boot.plist, but can I now go ahead and delete this secondary partition and merge the space with my Primary Mac partition?

Thanks.

JUst got dual monitor working flawlessly on my setup - after I had no success with the DVI/VGA adaptor on either port, I've got the HDMI port filled now, going to HD projector. It's glorious. :)

belfastbiker said:
GEEKBENCH Score of 13872

Wow... very interested in how you got this score! Is that 64-bit?
I'm running pretty much the same rig as you but Geekbench is just over 9000 (32-bit).

Have you overclocked it?

Also: Is anyone having problems with long boot times? I have an SSD and it
takes over a minute to desktop from when I first see the apple screen. I'm
thinking this is a little long, especially for a SSD? Any tips to share?

Thanks!
m.

miK. said:
belfastbiker said:
GEEKBENCH Score of 13872

Wow... very interested in how you got this score! Is that 64-bit?
I'm running pretty much the same rig as you but Geekbench is just over 9000 (32-bit).

Have you overclocked it?

Also: Is anyone having problems with long boot times? I have an SSD and it
takes over a minute to desktop from when I first see the apple screen. I'm
thinking this is a little long, especially for a SSD? Any tips to share?

Thanks!
m.

I've much longer boot times than that, I'll do a verbose boot soon to investigate. I rarely boot though.

Yes, over locked to 4.5GHz, and had bro optimise my BIOS settings. Water-cooling helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back