Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i52500k, Rad HD 6850, Lion/SnoLe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, temp monitor is OK...

Installed Temperature Monitor prg, and used the extended X86 support drivers..

Usb3 does not work... I can only use the usb2 ports... (Lion)

First Kernal Panic after restoring r/w permissions, reboot and ok now...

this doesn't have much to do with hackintosh, but while i'm waiting for my graphics card to be fixed i'm running windows. And my floating point performance seems a lot worse than other benchmarks i've looked at. You get 12,000 but i'm getting 8,000. I'm trying to understand exactly what floating point tests but in the mean time, any explanation for me? My overall score is but a measly 7731

PolishTea said:
I was considering doing a near identical built to Frostcall's original post including the Radeon HD 6850 video card.

However my current set up includes 2 monitors, both DVI-D (or VGA), from the page's I've read, it seems the HD6850 is only capable of putting out video on one of the DVI ports.

[...]

If anyone can say one way or another that I can support both my monitors on this card I'd appreciate it, or a recommendation for a similar price/performing card that can would be awesome.

I've got the PowerColor HD6850 SCS3 running two displays simultaneously on two DVI ports. GraphicsEnabler=No.

Screen%20shot%202011-08-07%20at%201.46.28%20AM.png

gino8080 said:
maxrota said:
Is your USB3 ok?

I can not seem to get them to work! :thumbdown:

yeah Same here! :(
everything is working Flawless!!! :D

anyone got USB3 working?

I got my USB3 ports working in Lion by selecting Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/miscellaneous/USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas, in Multibeast. Now all my USB3 ports work with my USB2 devices, have not tested them with USB3 devices as I don't have any but I am guessing they will work. Hope this helps

I did also install the kext for USB3 with multibeast, but using them makes Lion crash...

Do you have revision 1.0 mainboard ?

Frostcall said:
LION Update on 2nd post!
If everything went well, you will be at your desktop with everything working. Shutdown the computer, unplug the power, and install your Video Card. Be sure NOT to use the HDMI port as it doesnt work in this install. Use the top DVI port or the Display port. also, onboard video does not work in 10.6.8 with HDMI. Turn everything back on and enjoy!

Thank you for your wonderful guide, it got me over many hurdles!

I'm stuck at the above point - updated to 10.6.8 successfully using onboard video, but here I get a blank screen. I've got an XFX Radeon HD6870 Black Edition. I've tried with both DVI ports. BIOS OK, apple loading screen OK, but black screen when it should be showing desktop. Any thoughts guys? EDIT2: Sending video to my Projector works fine, DVI to DVI. Using the DVI to VGA adaptor with monitor, that's what's not working.....

EDIT: Here are my steps so far:

1. Buy decent hardware: Intel i5-2500K, Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3, 8GB Corsair RAM, Vertex3 60GB SSD, 2TB 2nd drive, XFX Radon HD 6870 Black, Antec 620w Bronze PSU, Antec Kuhler h20 620 watercooling,
2. Remove 4GB, 2nd drive, 2nd monitor, VIDEO CARD, all unnecessary peripherals - attach monitor to onboard port
3. Flash BIOS to F5
4. Set BIOS up: Optimized Defaults (was crucial to get past welcome screen selecting country), PCH SATA Control Mode to AHCI, Boot Priority to CDROM, HPET Mode to 64-bit, eXtreme Hard Drive to Disabled
5. Boot with iBoot
6. Replace iBoot disk with Snow Leopard disk, press F5
7. Select "Mac OS X Install DVD", ENTER
8. Load Disk Utility: select my HD, 1 partition, GUID, apply
9. Close Disk Utlity
10. Continue with customised/reduced SL install, wait 19minutes
11. Replace SL disk with iBoot disk again
12. Let it reboot
13. Select the newly created snow leopard drive, get to the desktop!

14. Copy Combo Update, MultiBeast, DSDT file and 10.8.6 UpdateHelper to the Desktop.
15. RENAME DSDT file to DSDT.aml
16. REMOVE USB Drive
17. Run UpdateHelper (there was no "before Update" option for some reason?)
18. Reboot, with iBoot disk in drive still
19. Run the 10.6.8 combo update, BUT DO NOT REBOOT YET
20. Minimise Combo Update only
21. Install Multibeast with options from viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24547&hilit=Z68MX+UD2H+B3 (If MultiBeast Crashes, run it again. It may also FAIL to install, but that's OK apparently)
22. DO NOT REBOOT YET - if network pops up, use DHCP
23. Run UpdateHelper again
24. Reboot, booting off HD now, removing iBoot from drive
25. Install Video Card (black screen when should be showing desktop)

I'm not the expert but had similar problems. Using an ATI 4850 card. I was using the DVI connector but changed the output to the VGA connector and I was able to get video.

Thank you for all your help guys through the board, all sorted now. My steps:-

1. Buy decent hardware: Intel i5-2500K, Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3, 8GB Corsair RAM, Vertex3 60GB SSD, 2TB 2nd drive, XFX Radon HD 6870 Black, Antec 620w Bronze PSU, Antec Kuhler h20 620 watercooling,
2. Remove 4GB, 2nd drive, 2nd monitor, VIDEO CARD, all unnecessary peripherals - attach monitor to onboard port
3. Flash BIOS to F5
4. Set BIOS up: Optimized Defaults (was crucial to get past welcome screen selecting country), PCH SATA Control Mode to AHCI, Boot Priority to CDROM, HPET Mode to 64-bit, eXtreme Hard Drive to Disabled
5. Boot with iBoot
6. Replace iBoot disk with Snow Leopard disk, press F5
7. Select "Mac OS X Install DVD", ENTER
8. Load Disk Utility: select my HD, 1 partition, GUID, apply
9. Close Disk Utlity
10. Continue with customised/reduced SL install, wait 19minutes
11. Replace SL disk with iBoot disk again
12. Let it reboot
13. Select the newly created snow leopard drive, get to the desktop!
14. Copy Combo Update, MultiBeast, DSDT file and 10.8.6 UpdateHelper to the Desktop.
15. RENAME DSDT file to DSDT.aml
16. REMOVE USB Drive
17. Run UpdateHelper (there was no "before Update" option for some reason?)
18. Reboot, with iBoot disk in drive still
19. Run the 10.6.8 combo update, BUT DO NOT REBOOT YET
20. Minimise Combo Update only
21. Install Multibeast with options from viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24547&hilit=Z68MX+UD2H+B3 (If MultiBeast Crashes, run it again. It may also FAIL to install, but that's OK apparently)
22. DO NOT REBOOT YET - if network pops up, use DHCP
23. Run UpdateHelper again
24. Reboot, booting off HD now, removing iBoot from drive
25. Install Video Card
26. Reinstall RAM, HD.
27. Make sure HD BOOT ORDER is correct.
28. Reload overclocked BIOS.

I had problems adding back 4GB + other HD - turned out to be HD BOOT ORDER issue - when adding 2TB drive, the damned BIOS assumed that I wanted to boot off that crappy platter first... I thought it was a RAM issue as many have issue with 8GB booting.... also, I found out that it gives a black screen if I used a VGA monitor with a DVI to vGA dongle - luckily had a DVI monitor available to swap in - thanks mum's PC - the widescreen monitor will be a nice surprise when she gets out of hospital this week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back