Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, RADEON HD 5770 with Triple Monitors (Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
Core i7 2600K
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 1024MB (Bat Mobile)
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This guide is to address a few bumps in the road that I faced. Took me a few hours to figure out so I hope this might save some people some time.

My setup is:

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
Core i7 2600K
120 GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD
Crucial Ballistix Sport Series 16GB DDR3-1333
Airport Card with Mini PCIe t0 PCIe adapter
Targus ACB10us v1.0 BlueTooth Adapter
(2) Dell UltraSharp U2410
(1) Dell UltraSharp U2212

Did not test: HDMI connection (Audio and Video), Intel 3000 Onboard Video. USB3.0 (I don't use either)

The Problems:

Audio - Usually if there is no sound, the sound icon on the top would be gray. This was not the case. In fact, when I pressed the volume control buttons on the keyboard, you will see the volume meter go up or down.

Ethernet Card -Network Preferences will show that there is an Ethernet card, but I noticed that "About this Mac" was saying that there is not ethernet card installed.

In both cases OSX seems to think that the devices exist and are working well, but they are not. By following the steps below, you will be able to avoid running into these issues

The steps:

1. Have Multibeast and the DSDT of your motherboard on a USB key.
2. Follow the instructions provided by tonymac (http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibea...untain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html). But stop when you get to the Multibeast part
3. Copy the DSDT and Multibeast onto your desktop (it is assumed at this point that Mt. Lion is installed)
2. In System Preferences, go to network preferences and remove all of the network devices.
3. Reboot System (probably not needed but I have a habit of doing it, can't hurt)
4. Run Multibeast 4.6 and make the selections as described in Steps 5 to 9
5. Select UserDSDT
6. Select System Utilities
7. Navigate to Kexts & Enablers => Audio => Realtek ACL8xx => Unified Driver injector and select ACL8xx HDA
8. Navigate to Kexts & Enablers => Audio => Realtek ACL8xx and select Apple HDA Rollback
9. Navigate to Kexts & Enablers => Network and select Realtek Gigabit Ethernet.....
10. Proceed with installing and reboot after Multibeast finishes.
11. In System Preferences, go to network preferences and add "Ethernet" first, Wifi Second, and whatever else was there last.
12. Finished.

Hi Afflatus, I'd be interested to know if both GPUs are working simultaneously, and if so, can you span 2,3,4 monitors across both GPUs concurrently?

Cheers

This guide is to address a few bumps in the road that I faced. Took me a few hours to figure out so I hope this might save some people some time.

My setup is:

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
Core i7 2600K
120 GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD
Crucial Ballistix Sport Series 16GB DDR3-1333
Airport Card with Mini PCIe t0 PCIe adapter
Targus ACB10us v1.0 BlueTooth Adapter
(2) Dell UltraSharp U2410
(1) Dell UltraSharp U2212

Did not test: HDMI connection (Audio and Video), Intel 3000 Onboard Video. USB3.0 (I don't use either)

The Problems:

Audio - Usually if there is no sound, the sound icon on the top would be gray. This was not the case. In fact, when I pressed the volume control buttons on the keyboard, you will see the volume meter go up or down.

Ethernet Card -Network Preferences will show that there is an Ethernet card, but I noticed that "About this Mac" was saying that there is not ethernet card installed.

In both cases OSX seems to think that the devices exist and are working well, but they are not. By following the steps below, you will be able to avoid running into these issues

The steps:

1. Have Multibeast and the DSDT of your motherboard on a USB key.
2. Follow the instructions provided by tonymac (http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibea...untain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html). But stop when you get to the Multibeast part
3. Copy the DSDT and Multibeast onto your desktop (it is assumed at this point that Mt. Lion is installed)
2. In System Preferences, go to network preferences and remove all of the network devices.
3. Reboot System (probably not needed but I have a habit of doing it, can't hurt)
4. Run Multibeast 4.6 and make the selections as described in Steps 5 to 9
5. Select UserDSDT
6. Select System Utilities
7. Navigate to Kexts & Enablers => Audio => Realtek ACL8xx => Unified Driver injector and select ACL8xx HDA
8. Navigate to Kexts & Enablers => Audio => Realtek ACL8xx and select Apple HDA Rollback
9. Navigate to Kexts & Enablers => Network and select Realtek Gigabit Ethernet.....
10. Proceed with installing and reboot after Multibeast finishes.
11. In System Preferences, go to network preferences and add "Ethernet" first, Wifi Second, and whatever else was there last.
12. Finished.

It is a wonderful MB.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 492
Hi Afflatus, I'd be interested to know if both GPUs are working simultaneously, and if so, can you span 2,3,4 monitors across both GPUs concurrently?

Cheers

I apologize if this reply gets too long.

I only use my 5770 for three monitors. I use the two DVI ports and the Diplay Port. I noticed that, for some reason, the card (or OS) did not like it if both Display Port and HDMI port were occupied. Needless to say, I'm "only" spanning across three monitors right now. :)

There are a few caveats.

1. When I was using SL. I had to get some older kexts to get all three monitors working. But when I did a clean install of Mountain Lion, I noticed that it was supported right way.

2. When I first boot up, one of the monitors would flicker. So I take the time to go to system preferences, lower the resolution for a second or two (just for that monitor), and put it back up to the highest resolution. After that it works fine. That process might be annoying for some people, but that few seconds is worth it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back