Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, Core i5 2500K, Onboard Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
this guide was perfect to get audio working for the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 board! thanks!!! please update if we ever can get the sleep issues worked out! you're a lifesaver!

harvination said:
this guide was perfect to get audio working for the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 board! thanks!!! please update if we ever can get the sleep issues worked out! you're a lifesaver!
Thanks!

Also, the 10.7.1 update works, just have to reapply audio drivers in MultiBeast.

I am running Lion 10.7.1 and have been using AppleRTC kext from SL 10.6.8 as a workaround for the sleep and cmos reset issue. It's not perfect but it does work. I can only wake up the computer by using the power btn though.

Randactyl,
When using the integrated video, as you boot to the desktop does the video stay on?
My screen goes blank. I have to press the power switch to make the system sleep then wake it up before the desktop reappears. Any thoughts?

Hi everybody and thanks Randactyl for this excellent tutorial.
I have 2 questions :

1.USB3 ISSUE.
I've got it working but once I unplugge the disk I've got a kernel panic and OSX need to be restarted.

Does anyone know how to have the USB3 working perfectly ? (even if it works as USB2 is fine)

2.DVD burner issue
Also I'm using a DVD burner Samsung Super Writemaster and OSx is recongnising it sometimes yes and sometimes no. any idea?
thanks

Here my spec:
i5 2500k
GA Z68MA D2H B3 - bios F4
Sapphire Radeon flex HD 5770 1Gb
8gb Ram

Juanski said:
Randactyl,
When using the integrated video, as you boot to the desktop does the video stay on?
My screen goes blank. I have to press the power switch to make the system sleep then wake it up before the desktop reappears. Any thoughts?

Wanted to say I had the same issue but I had disabled sleep entirely so I couldn't get to desktop at all.

Boot: GraphicsEnabler=No

That will make it work at crap resolution. Now install Lion and it will have native integrated support. It glitched on me after I used the DSDT, but a reboot later its magically fixed.

Hope that helps!

I used deep sleep util and the kext from 10.6.8 and now the computer sleeps. Problem is when it wakes i have no mouse (have to unplug and put it back again). Logs say : IOSUSBFAMILY is having troubles enumerating a usb device.

hi guys...

ive tried the following as ive encounter audio issues

Audio Support:
1. Run MultiBeast
2. Check System Utilities
3. Check Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/ALC8xxHDA
4. Check Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/AppleHDA Rollback
5. Install
6. Reboot and enjoy audio support for the front/back headphone port, optical out, and line out.

but after the steps the audio signal is all statics noises

anyway to solve this issue?

im using Z68MA-D2H-B3, F8 with i7 2600

thanks!
:)

swivel_001 said:
...Audio Support:
1. Run MultiBeast
2. Check System Utilities
3. Check Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/ALC8xxHDA
4. Check Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/AppleHDA Rollback
5. Install
6. Reboot and enjoy audio support for the front/back headphone port, optical out, and line out.

but after the steps the audio signal is all statics noises...
I, too, had to run MB 4.02 several times with the above steps before it work. Try MB 4.03 which was just posted.

For correcting any sleep/wake-up issues and if you meet the following two conditions
  • - Have a Sandy Bridge mobo/CPU and
    - Running Lion using MultiBeast 4.03,
then try the following additions to your org.chameleon.boot.plist in /Extras folder:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000</string>

- darkwake=0 allows one click system wake instead of two clicks via mouse or power button.
- npci=0x2000 fix for "PCI Configuration Begin: error at boot.  Note:  is may already be in the org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

And
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

- Allows for Native Power Management.
Use TextEdit to mod your org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

Note: save these additions (without the comments) in a separate file because each time you run MultiBeast, you'll have to add them. MultiBeast has not yet been updated with these additions.

The above works with my Z68X-UD3H system.

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36044

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back