1. Classic
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I successfully setup Mountain Lion 10.8.0 on a GA-H77-DS3H with Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3,4 GHz (HD4000 graphics) with 2 x 4 GB Mushkin 1666 MHz Blackline RAM. Used Unibeast 1.5 to create a USB stick installer (took longer than 15 minutes it seemed and it failed the first time). The USB stick was 8 GB. Using DVI, I set my hard-drive to AHCI-mode (no hard-drive was showing before that). ML setup took about 10 min. In MultiBeast I chose "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation", for Audio "VoodooHDA VT2021 0.2.7.2" and for Network "maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet". I had 8 GB of RAM installed the whole time.

So everything seems to work; onboard graphics, network, audio
, power management (it goes to sleep and wakes up). The UEFI / BIOS has USB mouse support, which is cool... Now after I setup Time Machine I will try and update to 10.8.1.

I successfully setup Mountain Lion 10.8.0 on a GA-H77-DS3H with Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3,4 GHz (HD4000 graphics) with 2 x 4 GB Mushkin 1666 MHz Blackline RAM. Used Unibeast 1.5 to create a USB(took longer than 15 minutes it seemed and it failed the first time). The USB stick was 8 GB. Using DVI, I set my hard-drive to AHCI-mode (no hard-drive was showing before that). ML setup took about 10 min. In MultiBeast I chose "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation", for Audio "VoodooHDA VT2021 0.2.7.2" and for Network "maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet". I had 8 GB of RAM installed the whole time.

So everything seems to work; onboard graphics, network, audio
, power management (it goes to sleep and wakes up). The UEFI / BIOS has USB mouse support, which is cool... Now after I setup Time Machine I will try and update to 10.8.1.

Hi I have the same hardware as you and I want to install mac os lion. To create the installation USB stick I have a mac and I can create it from windows?

the problem is that I have a Mac to create the USB. As I can do?

Hi!

I also tried to install lion first, but it didn't work.
Then I read somewhere that this specific motherboard won't work with lion.

Install Mountain Lion right away with unibeast

Hi!

I also tried to install lion first, but it didn't work.
Then I read somewhere that this specific motherboard won't work with lion.

Install Mountain Lion right away with unibeast

This MB is working fine, nearly out-of-the-box with UniBeast ML and subsequent DSDT-free MultiBeast install, including 'native' sound (you should use recent Realtek ALC887 codec). The only problem I ran into with this motherboard is the caveat with sleep. It goes sleep, bit wakes up immediately, no solution found so far...

Kirill

PS. You should update the MB Firmware to the latest one (F7 by now), original one didn't work...

Sorry for misleading, the reason for immediate awake was the USB2/USB3 all-in-one card reader/front panel USB-hub (ICY BOX 3.5"). Without this cardreader all the functions are working fine ;) Funny side -- exactly the same cardreader does not produce any problem in Linux, seems to be that sleep implementation in Darwin kernel and linux are somehow different for USB peripherals.

Hi I have the same hardware as you and I want to install mac os lion. To create the installation USB stick I have a mac and I can create it from windows?

the problem is that I have a Mac to create the USB. As I can do?

Don't use Windows, use your mac. Use this guide to make the UniBeast Mountain Lion USB on a mac: GUIDE

I wouldn't recommend updating to 10.8.1 as my computer says "Missing operating system" a few days after updating. I have a Time Machine backup on another drive though... I installed on firmware version 5 (f5) I think and updated to f7, I might have to re-install :(
Firmware thread over here

I'll post the solution when I find it on this thread.

Dude, I just bought GA-H77-DS3H today and its motherboard version is 1.1, what about yours, ver 1.0?

When I install Moutain Lion with UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.3, everything seems fine. My Gigabyte GTX680 is recognized natively. But after I install MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.0.2 and restart, I got a white screen and halt there.

I have no idea what to do with the white screen, anything I could do to skip the halt or have to reinstall moutain lion?

BTW, I'll really appreciate if you would like to share with me what item you choose from the multibeast drop-list. Tks.

Jason

Dude, I just bought GA-H77-DS3H today and its motherboard version is 1.1, what about yours, ver 1.0?

When I install Moutain Lion with UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.3, everything seems fine. My Gigabyte GTX680 is recognized natively. But after I install MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.0.2 and restart, I got a white screen and halt there.

I have no idea what to do with the white screen, anything I could do to skip the halt or have to reinstall moutain lion?

BTW, I'll really appreciate if you would like to share with me what item you choose from the multibeast drop-list. Tks.

Jason

I have the same problem as Jason. Same MB and CPU. My hardware ver is 1.0 though. I can get ML to load but after doing Multibeast and choosing audio options, etc, like the OP did, I get the white screen. I only can reinstall from scratch. Not sure what to do with the white screen either!

bios HDD setting have to be "AHCI" mode. only options in Multibeast should be: dsdt free install, audio (voodoo) and ethernet if you click something else it wont boot...

No matter what I check, even bare minimum, I get the white screen of death before the login prompt. Out of the box, ethernet and graphics seem to work OK. I am on 10.8.2 followed directions for creating ML boot stick, etc. I am running a Eva Geforce GT 640 video card though.

EDIT: Removed video card and onboard works after I re-enabled it! back to reading..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back