Graphics
Radeon HD 6xxx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have successfully got this system up and operational, it even supports dual monitors. The following are the steps that I have taken.

acquire the following
Download and burn iBoot http://www.tonymacx86.com/1010110101/iBoot-3.1.1.zip

Place on a usb drive
-updatehelper http://www.tonymacx86.com/1010110101/UpdateHelper.zip
-multibeast http://www.tonymacx86.com/1010110101/MultiBeast-3.9.0.zip
-combo update to 10.6.8 http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1399/en_US/MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg
-DSDT file http://www.tonymacx86.com/DSDT/Database/DSDT-GA-H67MA-USB3-B3-F3.aml

you will also need a retail 10.6.3 install dvd

Hackintosh here we come
1. Change bios settings as follows
-go into intelligent tweaker and turn off turbo and set multiplier to 28, disable EIST and C-State
-change IDE to ACHI
-change HPET to 64-bit

2. boot the machine w/ latest copy of iBoot

3. At the Chimera screen eject iBoot and replace w/ Leopard 10.6.3 dvd and press F5

4. Install Leopard
when os installer begins, go to utilities on the pull down bar and select disk utility. click on the drive you wish to install on in the left pane. on the right, click the tab marked partition.select 1 partition, name the drive, and set the format to case-sensitive journaled. partition the drive and begin leopard installation. (in order to install adobe creative suite the boot drive cannot be case-sensitive. I am re-installing leopard to see if the system will operate off a case-insensitive drive. will report back)
UPDATE: So far so good, installed both leopard and lion without a problem on case-insensitive drive. Not sure for the reasoning for guides suggesting case-sensitive other than being a Linux way of doing things. If I find an answer, I will post.

5. When Leopard install completes, a reset is necessary. Remove install disk and replace with iBoot cd as cpu reboots. When you reach Chimera select drive leopard was installed to and continue boot

6. place usb drive with updatehelper, 10.6.8 combo update, DSDT-GA-H67MA-USB3-F3.aml, and multibeast in computer

7. run updatehelper (in many guides you are told to run update helper and the combo update together. I found when done this way (about 4 times before trying a new method) the combo update would fail just before completing. I have successfully repeated this method more than 3 times, running update helper followed by a reset and is smooth sailing with the combo update :cool: ) and then copy the DSDT file onto your desktop

8. w iBoot still in drive, reset cpu and again select new leopard drive

9. run combo update DO NOT RESET UPON COMPLETION

10. run multibeast selecting the following options
[*]-user DSDT install
[*]-system utilities
-drivers & boot...>kexts...>
--miscellaneous>
[*]---usb 3.0
--network>
[*]---realtek gigabit...2.0.6
-customization>boot options>
[*]--64-bit graphicsenabler=no if you have a single monitor the proper setting is yes, this will allow for a correct frame rate. the correct frame rate is needed for the dvd player and other highly graphic apps/games to work. will not support dual monitors tho
[*]-OSx86 software

11. remove iBoot and reset machine

12. run mb again this time select only
driver and boot..>kexts...>audio>realtek alc 8xx
-alc8xxhda
-applehda rollback

13. reset and and enjoy :headbang:

**UPDATE**
I had tried multiple times to update to 10.7.2 via Lion Software Update with no success, the machine always crashed on the reboot.

I have however obtained a copy of the combo update and got 10.7.2 to run. It, in fact, runs much better that 10.7.1. The trick is to run Multibeast after performing the update. Select the same options discussed in step 10 and reboot. After reboot, run Multibeast again for the audio drivers.

Re: GA H67MA USB3 w/ MSI Radeon 5770 HD in perfect operation

graphicsenabler=no is your selected setting. What id the system profile identify your graphics/Displays as? ATI Radeon 5700 or the full ATI Radeon 5770?
-Is DVDplayer running or crashing when launched?
-Is Geekbench runing or crashing?

ATI Radeon HD 5000:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5000
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68b8
Revision ID: 0x0000

-didnt check the dvd player, it crashes w/ actual dvd. data works
-geekbench works, scored 4123. still have to reenable turbo in cmos

Ok, switched graphicsenabler=yes by manually editing the plist. The dvd now plays, but my second monitor is not being recognized. Upon startup the second monitor shows a "Input signal out of range, change settings to 1680x1050" and a black screen. Reduced screen resolution and it displays the same desktop as the lead monitor. I see that you are using the same monitor that I am having problems with, the HP w2007.

The HP w2007 is connected to the DVI port on the gpu, the other monitor is connected to the dp slot with a dvi connector.

My Monitors are connected to the DVI ports. I do not have other monitors using HDMI or DP so I cannot confirm other 2 ports.

Re: GA H67MA USB3 w/ MSI Radeon 5770 HD

Ijhu, thank you for your help!

Re: GA H67MA USB3 w/ MSI Radeon 5770 HD

Successfully installed Lion

Follow the instructions that go along with xmove and multibeast. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmove-multibeast-install-os-x-107-lion.html

after you install Lion you only have to run a few of the multibeast parameters.

-userdsdt - used the same one from the Leopard install
-AppleHDArollback - do not select the alc8xxHDA this time
-usb 3.0
-realtek gigabit 2.0.6

if you are using one monitor then
GraphicsEnabler=yes
if you are using two monitors
GraphicsEnabler=no this will prevent the dvd player from working but will create a larger desktop area

Re: GA H67MA USB3 w/ MSI Radeon 5770 HD to Leo then Lion

Don't have time to devote to figuring out 5770 right now. Will keep reading on it in spare time.

In the mean time I swapped the 5770 with a Radeon 4850.
*had to re-install everything, the 4850 will not work with the 10.6.3 install. You must use the 5770

MB
-ATI 48xx Patch for 10.7.1
-64-bit Apple Boot Screen

DVD works along with dual monitors

Re: GA H67MA USB3 w/ MSI Radeon 5770 HD to Leo then Lion

I am using the MB and GPU listed in my signature. I had not tried DVD player, but found it does not work. Geekbench works fine.
In the com.apple.Boot.plist GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
Isn't this opposite of the settings recommended in this thread?
The card is recognized in System Information the same as rEgEn with the PCIe Lane Width: x8. Not sure why the lower number.
Dual monitors with the startup issue of having to sleep to get the Apple Cinema Display to display, otherwise is black screen. Set to 2560 x 1600.
My /Extra/Extensions folder contains:
Extra Extensions folder 2011-10-09.png
Just looking to getting everything working. My system is solid in all other aspects as far as I know. :thumbup:

Attachments

• Extra Extensions folder 2011-10-09.png
    Extra Extensions folder 2011-10-09.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 453
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back