Contribute
Register

[Success]GA-H55M-UD2H/i5-760/GT-240 10.6.7 *Method & Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is also DDR3. I think I am giving up on this GT 240. I have also installed Windows 7 to test and the board cannot reboot properly. Is GT 430 a good replacement?

avdo said:
Just finished building my new system. Id be lying if I said it was a walk in the park as I had a few issues at hardware level.

Thanks for posting these guidelines! I followed them and for the most part, they helped me to get a working system.

Where mine differs though, is that I started with Snow Leopard Server 10.6.3 instead of just straight SL. I installed exactly the same things through MultiBeast, but got KPs on restart. Booted again with iBoot, and ran MB again. This time I went for the simple option, and now it works perfectly (I say perfectly, but I mean, it's perfect for the purpose of being a home server - not tried higher resolution, audio or anything else like that).

I plonked my 4 concatenated drives in (Disk Utility -> Software RAID) and they worked perfectly upon startup.

I had the same problem with my GT240 which is why I quit using it. The same exact XFX model.

This guide worked great! I had everything working till I then did a mac update and now I lost my sound, anyone able to help me get it back?

makaio8 said:
This guide worked great! I had everything working till I then did a mac update and now I lost my sound, anyone able to help me get it back?

run multi beast check system utiliti \alc8xx and apple hda rollback (if you not using dsdt then add non dsdt hdaenabler alc889 ) :thumbup:

Hey Hacman,

Thanks for the respond back! :D I tried what you had told me to do but to no avail :/ Ill explain from the beginning of what I did since I am new to this I might have made a mistake somewhere lol

So I did the snow leopard 10.6.7 download with multibeast and all the stuff Avdo had checked before minus the sound hiccup he had and did the new settings he added after that as well. Everything was working perfectly!

But then I did the direct apple software update and after the download and install I no longer had my sound working...Let me know if I made a mistake somewhere like maybe running the apple update wrong.

Also just to make sure I only need to do the 10.6.7 update once and there after just multibeast by itself right? Or do I need to do the multibeast after every download/update from Apple before I restart?

Oh okay, so run the combo update, then multibeast with my dsdt and all the options I checked the first time and then restart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back