Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Success! I have built my first Yosemite Hackintosh from some older parts, and some upgrades, it has turned out really good. There were a few problems that needed to be resolved but after they were addressed, it's a pretty good build. I’m not sure if I did everything in the right order but this is just what worked for me.

Parts:
-Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, LGA 775
-Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0
-Thermaltake Cl-p0497 Intel 775 Cpu Fan
-Patriot GSeries DDR2 SDRAM 8GB PGS24G6400ELK
-PNY NVidia GeForce GTX 660
-TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless N PCIE Adapter
-Best Connectivity Firewire 1394b Controller Card TI XIO2213
-WD BLACK SERIES WD1003FZEX 1TB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
-ASUS SATA Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS
-Corsair TX 750 W Power Supply (CMPSU-750TX)
-Rosewill REDBONE Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Bios Settings:
-Load Optimized Defaults
-Integrated Peripherals/ICH SATA Control Mode/AHCI (Important)
-Advanced BIOS Features/Hard Disk Boot Priority/(Select your USB Stick created by UniBeast as your first boot drive)

After installing Yosemite then I started installing MultiBeast:

MultiBeast Settings:
-I used the DSDT GA-EP45-UD3R From TonymacX86. It’s basically the same board without the dual PCI Express.
-Selected the Realtek ALC885/889a to get the Audio Working.
-Selected the RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2 to get the Networking up and running.
-Also make sure that Chimera v4.0.1 gets installed too
Then I removed USB Boot Disk, and restarted machine.

First problem: Solved! Boot Error. Come to find out that the new WD HDD that I had gotten has a default size of 4,096 bytes instead of 512 bytes. I guess there is issue’s writing the boot helper code? I’m exactly not too sure what all that means, but I found this thread on how to fix it.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/65706-article-boot0-error-official-guide.html

This is what I did to boot back up. I inserted the boot USB Stick back into the machine and followed these directions from the article from above.

1. Reboot system back into OS X installer by using the USB Boot Stick as if you were installing OSX again.
2. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS X on. Right click on the volume and select Unmount.
3. Launch Terminal and execute the following command: dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
4. Exit Terminal
5. Reboot Normally after removing the USB Boot Stick.
This solved the boot error problem!

Second Problem: Solved! App Store and iCloud was not letting me log in. Had trouble with this one but finally got it to work.
I found a YouTube Video with instructions on how to solve this problem:
[video=youtube;8ERhsM9pFGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERhsM9pFGI[/video]​
I followed the instruction in the video but couldn't get it at first. Then I followed the text instructions and Bam! It Worked! I think there is one step left out in the video. You will also need to download a zip file with the necessary files in it for this all to work here: http://cl.ly/2s3Y0K1n0d2g2s222V1P. You can download the same files from a link below the YouTube video.

Third Problem: Solved! Slow Boot. This was a pretty easy fix once I got my machine to boot up again. I waited about 10 minutes for my machine to boot. I never figured out exactly what I did to make this happen but this is how I fixed it. I found this article which explains on how to fix this problem: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/128748-fix-slow-boot-thunderbolt-2-0-motherboards.html It is something to do with a Thunderbolt 2.0 Motherboard.

Fourth Problem: Unsure if Solved? Periodically won’t shut down. To the best of my knowledge this is a problem with Yosemite and not the build? I have done some research on it and have really found nothing to lead me to think otherwise. I did go to System Preferences/ Energy Saver and unchecked the “Put the hard disks to sleep when possible” and “Wake for network access” and am giving that a shot. But I haven’t tested it long enough to see if that worked.

So this is my experience with my build. I hope that this helps solve some problems.

I'm glad to still see some people who still use systems with the same motherboard as I do. My configuration is slightly different, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get it up and running. The only thing that really worries me is the Graphics Card and the Wireless Adapter. Do you think that your guide would apply to my system's configuration? Thanks.

System Configuration

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (LGA 775)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.4GHz (LGA 775)
Memory: 4GB DDR2 @ 333MHz (Kingston)
Storage: 500GB WD Green @ 5400 RPM (Intellipower)
Power Supply: 650W Corsair CS (80 PLUS Bronze Certified)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (1GB GDDR3)
Wireless: NetGear WG111v3 (USB)

Well it might. I don't see why not? The problems that I had were pertaining to the Motherboard and Hard Drive. I'm not to sure if the wireless card will work or not? But you could always get a new wireless card for around $30.00 if yours doesn't work. The wireless card that I used "TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless N PCIE Adapter" was a plug and play wireless card, so there were no issues with it at all. I am still having trouble with it not shutting down periodicity, but it is rare and random. I still think its a software issue! I wish you the best of luck on your build. This was my first experience with building a hackintosh and for the most part it went pretty smooth :)

...The wireless card that I used "TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless N PCIE Adapter" was a plug and play wireless card, so there were no issues with it at all. I am still having trouble with it not shutting down periodicity, but it is rare and random. I still think its a software issue!...
Yosemite is still having problems with wireless dropping which is why I still am using Mavericks on my two production hacks. However, my Hector build uses the iMac WiFi/BT 4 card and an adapter card, described in the threads below, with Yosemite w/o any problems. <fingers_crossed> So, hopefully, 10.10.2, which should arrive here shortly, will fix the WiFi problems.</fingers_crossed>

Reference Threads
tonymacx86's http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...apple-mini-cards-pcie-mini-pcie-adapters.html
Stork's Hector WiFi installation

I just got a Yosemite install fully up and running by following this guide, I don't know how I can thank you enough. All the components (other then the wireless card) were fully compatible - I just had to use several boot flags. I ordered the TP-Link WDN-4800 on Amazon and it should be here by Tuesday. Until then, I have a temporary setup in another room with Ethernet. Oddly enough, App Store/iCloud/iTunes all worked without any configuration whatsoever. The build even shows up on www.icloud.com as an Early 2008 Mac Pro. I recommended this thread. Let's hope others with similar hardware will have the same success :)

Congrats for yr cleverness and success but now you have to help us
first a few questions
1) when preparing yr USB Flash Disk and in Disk Utility; what did u choose like partition layout & Which of GUID or MBR?
2) in UniBeast which one u choose laptop or legacy USB or choose nothing?
3) and what exactly u changed in BIOS settings?
4) while booting from USB and going to install Mac OS X what flag did you use and entered?
5) after entered the Yosemite Setup and formatting the hard disk what options did u used? did u used GUID or MBR?
6) after all did u suffer from sudden turning off the screen?!!!!!! i suffered alooot

please help, i have exactly the components u have
we all waiting for yr experience ;-)

did you guy have problem with random restart. I do not know how to fix it.
my board is the same
graphic Navidia gtx 660
if you know how to fix this thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back