Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] EVGA x58 EVGA x58 SLI 132-BL-E758-A1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScAwN7 said:
Sorry I haven't been around in a bit. Work and Christmas has kept me pretty busy. Let me try to reply to everyone here:

@dr01dy: Glad you got yours working. I use Bose speakers and Logitech headset, both of which hook up through USB so I couldn't swear to the onboard sound working other than what I had read in previous tutorials I used to build this one.

@mo_karney: This EVGA board is really easy to set up and I personally feel that it's quality is right up there with Asus and Gigabyte. As for video cards, I haven't used ATI in awhile. The GTX560 is a great card but check around and see if any of your ATI's have great compatibility. I like the GTX560 but I'm sure it's running hotter than I care for and I just can't tell due to no temp monitoring abilities. Besides, what are you going to be doing on a Mac where one card is going to be massively better than another, LOL.

@4HM3R: If ethernet isn't working right away, the only thing I can think of is making sure only the port you are using is enabled. Also, make sure your "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" has the following in it
Code:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

@Revatic: Now that things are winding down, I am digging back into my setup to see if I can get a few missing features working (ie: turbo boost, power management, sleep). If I get this worked out, I will group together those kexts and upload them, as well as edit the tutorial to fix those things as well. I am looking at rebuilding my pc with an i7 2600K and a Gigabyte z68 mobo, but plan on perfecting this install before moving forward.

Alright man, Iam going to take a leap of faith here. I just found this exact board for $95 on eBay shipped and Iam tempted to gun it.... Hopefully it works or else Iam out $95!

@4HM3R: I'm talking about an adjustment in the BIOS. Make sure you disable the ethernet port you are not using. They are located in "onboard devices".

@mo_karney: If the board is good, everything should set up fine. $95 is a decent deal for a board that originally sold for $299. I do know there were some issues with the second run but if this is the one you linked me in a PM, it should be a first gen board which is actually better.

I have tried multiple variations in the bios, and I'm using the only available Ethernet port :(. I also do not understand why it will not let me access network under system preferences.

Attachments

• IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 311
Are you sure you have the exact same motherboard? There should be 2 ethernet ports on the back of it but since your BIOS doesn't seem to show both, I'm guessing you will only find one port. dr01dy posted above that he got the ethernet working by using the universal kext. Maybe give that a shot.

I have the E757 its the x58 sli le, im not quite sure what the universal kext is, im guess im going to start from step one and partition the hdd

Thanks for all you help :)! Got it working xD

I have been running Lion for a few months now with everything working flawlessly EXCEPT for sleep. It is driving me nuts that when I put my lion to bed it will show like it is going down but fans never shut off and the computer then reboots all the way back from the bios screen. This is the one thing that makes the install 100%. Any ideas?

Where do I download these texts from?

Install went fine with a 9800gtx+ in PCIe slot 1. First boot I get a kernel panic "No HPETs available..." but I have Nullcpupowermanagement.kext and HPET 64-bit enabled in the bios. At a loss and open to suggestions

Turns out that it was my DSDT.aml. I'll try to upload it here later if any wants to try it. You will want to downgrade to bios SZSZ ( I think that's it...1st one that enabled Hpet) and remove nullpowercpumananement.kext from /S/L/E. Enable S3, HPET 64-bit,& C1E (as well as all of he normal settings) in the bios and that should get sleep working.
There are some people with the same audio chipset as us that claim to use native 10.7 kexts with nothing extra. Google native 889a/885 lion 10.7 DSDT.
One other thing both Ethernet ports can be enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back