CPU
i5-3360M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
There is a guide for this notebook for Mojave and thanks alot to RehabMan I've enjoyed Hackintosh(s) for the last several years. However several items didn't work on that guide on my computer and it needed much tweaking to get it going, so I'm posting a description of what worked for anyone else that might need it.

Note that the Elitebook 8470p is Ivy Bridge and has a third generation intel processor (i5-3320m).

note that I initially used exactly the version of Clover that RehabMan refers to using to write the guide. I followed the guide with exact detail and installed Rehabman's .plist preset for HD4000 (not the 1600 but the 1368 version) for non 7-series chipsets.

- One thing, disable slide=0 otherwise expect a Kernel-cache crash.

- Mojave was consistently crashing at 'AppleACPICPU, pci8086'. I followed instructions in forums and in RehabMan's guide to try different drop-table inputs. This didn't make much of a difference and the bootup still stalled at the same place. I had initially tried UEFI on MBR, and switched to UEFI on GPT. This didn't make a difference either.

Then what did work was making a backup copy of my config.plist, installing the latest version of clover (using RehabMan's guide to custom install) onto the USB-EFI partition and then using PlistEditor Pro to edit both the backup-plist and newly configured-plist. What I did was open them up side by side, and I copied values/instructions from the backed-up plist (from RehabMan's tutorial's exact instructions) onto the newly configured plist.
I looked for values that are missing from the newly configured .plist and copied them over.

And voila! Works like a charm.
I am having small issues with
-the boot-installer staying on 5-sec timeout - and the advice on the forums to change default boot volume to either the volume name or LastBootVolume doesn't work, so I haven't figured that out.
-Crashing bootup if any USB devices are inserted.

Some of these may be because I am using a temporary Atheros-Mojave fix until my new Broadcom wifi chip arrives in the mail. This is not a stable fix. I was using Atheros chip on OSX 10.10, and had decided to do an upgrade. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-atheros-wifi-working-in-mojave-10-14.263642/)

Happy Hackin!

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.5 KB · Views: 104
There is a guide for this notebook for Mojave and thanks alot to RehabMan I've enjoyed Hackintosh(s) for the last several years. However several items didn't work on that guide on my computer and it needed much tweaking to get it going, so I'm posting a description of what worked for anyone else that might need it.

Note that the Elitebook 8470p is Ivy Bridge and has a third generation intel processor (i5-3320m).

note that I initially used exactly the version of Clover that RehabMan refers to using to write the guide. I followed the guide with exact detail and installed Rehabman's .plist preset for HD4000 (not the 1600 but the 1368 version) for non 7-series chipsets.

- One thing, disable slide=0 otherwise expect a Kernel-cache crash.

- Mojave was consistently crashing at 'AppleACPICPU, pci8086'. I followed instructions in forums and in RehabMan's guide to try different drop-table inputs. This didn't make much of a difference and the bootup still stalled at the same place. I had initially tried UEFI on MBR, and switched to UEFI on GPT. This didn't make a difference either.

Then what did work was making a backup copy of my config.plist, installing the latest version of clover (using RehabMan's guide to custom install) onto the USB-EFI partition and then using PlistEditor Pro to edit both the backup-plist and newly configured-plist. What I did was open them up side by side, and I copied values/instructions from the backed-up plist (from RehabMan's tutorial's exact instructions) onto the newly configured plist.
I looked for values that are missing from the newly configured .plist and copied them over.

And voila! Works like a charm.
I am having small issues with
-the boot-installer staying on 5-sec timeout - and the advice on the forums to change default boot volume to either the volume name or LastBootVolume doesn't work, so I haven't figured that out.
-Crashing bootup if any USB devices are inserted.

Some of these may be because I am using a temporary Atheros-Mojave fix until my new Broadcom wifi chip arrives in the mail. This is not a stable fix. I was using Atheros chip on OSX 10.10, and had decided to do an upgrade. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-atheros-wifi-working-in-mojave-10-14.263642/)

Happy Hackin!
rehabman's version of clover doesn't work on later Mojave versions

Got it working on 10.14.6 just fine using the above steps

I saw that you made some changes with that comment and am not sure exactly where I've posted a duplicate? Perhaps I hit reply twice by mistake

PS this post solved a bunch of other issues for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back