Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] elephantastic's Corellia: Z370M-D3H - i7-8700K - GTX 1070 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
@elephantastic thank you for your build.
I follow your build, and now success run it.

Just some tips in my experience:
Nvidia Web Driver (maybe newest driver fixed):
at first I install 387.10.10.10.25.156 for 10.13.3 ,but it has some bug , the display is laggy when you use anything.
I finally fall back to 378.10.10.10.25.106 with this https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update , it use smoothly now.

My WiFi solution :
I use RT3070 USB WiFi dongle with driver below
https://github.com/chris1111/WIFI-Network-macOS-High-Sierra

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
elephantastic, how did you achieve this graphics performance on Unigine Valley?
My 1070 Ti sucks in High Sierra... =/

I think in my setup the CPU isn't the bottleneck... =/
I'm using High Sierra.

@elephantastic thank you for your build.
I follow your build, and now success run it.

Just some tips in my experience:
Nvidia Web Driver (maybe newest driver fixed):
at first I install 387.10.10.10.25.156 for 10.13.3 ,but it has some bug , the display is laggy when you use anything.
I finally fall back to 378.10.10.10.25.106 with this https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update , it use smoothly now.

My WiFi solution :
I use RT3070 USB WiFi dongle with driver below
https://github.com/chris1111/WIFI-Network-macOS-High-Sierra

Hope this helps!

Recent Nvidia drivers have been crap and gave me some serious lag, as well. That's probably where the bad framerates come from. I certainly didn't do any magic to my card.

I just updated to the latest (161), and it does run a lot better again. Although there's still room for improvement. I'll give that Nvidia-update script a try, thanks for the link.

EDIT: Just tried it. Yeah, 106 seems to be the version to be at right now. Much smoother.

Last edited:
Update #1: USB definitions

Turns out USB definitions weren't working properly. I created custom definitions based on RehabMan's post.

Elephantastic, tonight I completed a build which uses the same Mobo as you. All seems to be working except full USB.

I can't get my head around how to apply these definitions - I think the definitions you've provided take me right up to the post-compiled stage of RehabMan's post so I placed them directly in Clover /ACPI/Patched.

I don't need to disable the Ports Limit Patch in because I haven't applied it

I have installed the USBinjectALL kext.

I'm probably missing something obvious and the penny may yet drop, but any steer you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank You for the guide. All seems to be working except USB 3.0 devices. USB 3.0 HDD works/mount only through USB 2.0 cable/hub. Maybe you can help with some advice. Thank you in advance.

Elephantastic, tonight I completed a build which uses the same Mobo as you. All seems to be working except full USB.

I can't get my head around how to apply these definitions - I think the definitions you've provided take me right up to the post-compiled stage of RehabMan's post so I placed them directly in Clover /ACPI/Patched.

I don't need to disable the Ports Limit Patch in because I haven't applied it

I have installed the USBinjectALL kext.

I'm probably missing something obvious and the penny may yet drop, but any steer you can provide would be much appreciated.

You might be better off doing the USB injections yourself, which is what I did to make sure everything worked correctly, rather than trying to use someone else's definitions. I took bits and pieces from 3 guides, including RehabMan's. It's on the first page of my build if you click the link in my sig and scroll down a bit. In regards to what you may be missing: I applied the IOAPCI fix, which I followed from this post here, in order to get everything working. Not sure if this was the answer you were looking for but hope this helps!

Thanks, I think I'm 'there' with it now.
We may have different mobo's - mine is an mATX, I think you may of the full-size version?
I used Elephantastic's basic template as their mobo is definitely the same, but modified it slightly to accommodate that my USB header is two USB3 ports.

Best Regards

Scott

I building my 2nd mackintosh now using the Gigabyte Z370M DS3H/16GB Crucial Ballistic/4GB EVGA GTX 1050 TI/I7 8700/Crucial MX500 250GB OS drive and MX500 500GB secondary drive and a Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD for PC / Hackintosh. I've worked for days even with starting the install over a couple times to get things working. I've tried everything I can find including using the EFI.zip in this post to get the Audio to work. No matter what I get No output devices found.
I have not turned on the internal graphics as the computer is to be used for video editing. Currently using a TV with HDMI for a monitor until I ship to son. The last thing I tried was adding the NvidiaGraphics.kext. I'm at a total loss now and cannot find a working solution.

Update: I now have sound working if I select Internal Speakers with my speakers plugged into the middle (green) connection. It changes to Headphones if I plug into the side panel on the Prodigy-M case. I used this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hda-realtek-audio.234729/page-60#post-1731695 #591 top of page 60.

Last edited:
NIIIIIIIIIICEEEE !!!!

I got it! I'm super happy!
After 3 days like crazy running after it all!
Thanks for sharing with us !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back