Contribute
Register

[Success] Dell XPS 13 9350 / QHD+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I do the intel frame buffer patching new method or my system is ok? (it seems to me difficult..) thank you for your help :)

Not sure what you're referring to.
Best way to patch framebuffer is using WhateverGreen.kext and property injection that drives the patching.

WhateverGreen.kext offers an excellent way to patch the framebuffer kext data.
thank you for your fast answer :) do I need just to install WhateverGreen.kext in L/E or to do all steps from the thread.. It seems very complicated to me ..

thank you for your fast answer :) do I need just to install WhateverGreen.kext in L/E or to do all steps from the thread.. It seems very complicated to me ..

You need to have a clear understanding of framebuffer patching fundamentals.

Actually everything should work if you install Mojave, Clover and then replace the EFI folder with the one I posted. Copy the kexts from the folder Other to /Library/Extensions on the system volume and, set permissions and update the cache that's it.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I've followed through with the steps you guys have listed, but I seem to be coming to a interesting error.

My system will freeze about 2/3 of the way loading the installer. When I run in verbose it hangs on intelFBClientControl timeout (guessing FB stands for framebuffer) it also in the same line complains about intelMEI assertion failure.

Wondering if you guys have had any similar issues my searches have shown nothing!

Hey guys,

I've followed through with the steps you guys have listed, but I seem to be coming to a interesting error.

My system will freeze about 2/3 of the way loading the installer. When I run in verbose it hangs on intelFBClientControl timeout (guessing FB stands for framebuffer) it also in the same line complains about intelMEI assertion failure.

Wondering if you guys have had any similar issues my searches have shown nothing!
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Doh, sorry about that. I even read multiple posts where you commented that exact thing, tiredness got the best of me, I apologize.

I've attached my clover folder as well as the best screen shot I could take of the error.

For clarity my specs are:

XPS 9350 - I5 6200u - HD520 - UHD display

Edit - A word

Attachments

• ProblemFiles.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back