Contribute
Register

[Success] Dell Latitude E6540 (opencore 0.6.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my Dell Latitude E6540 fully Working with Big Sur 11.2.3 except that sound via HDMI Audio is like harsh noise.
Same results with layout id 12 and 15, compatible with ALC292. Tested several HDMI cables, all are working fine under Windows but give harsh noise und MacOS.
All settings are correct, according to this guide

What could cause the harsh noise? Where should I start investigating?

I have my Dell Latitude E6540 fully Working with Big Sur 11.2.3 except that sound via HDMI Audio is like harsh noise.
Same results with layout id 12 and 15, compatible with ALC292. Tested several HDMI cables, all are working fine under Windows but give harsh noise und MacOS.
All settings are correct, according to this guide

What could cause the harsh noise? Where should I start investigating?
HI, could you plese provide ypur laptop details and eventually the EFI you used, I tried following this guide but I get an error loading the installation setup... my CPU is an i7-4800MQ, thanks

soy.mats

My EFY is attached. Please be aware that serials are removed, you must insert your own.

Attachments

• EFI Dell E6540 E6440 OC 0.6.9 BCM94352HMB.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 397
I am glad I could help. Remove "-v" from NVRAM boot args

I use your EFI work for me, but only error is headphone, when plug headphone i can't hear any thing and don't talk to other person. Help me please! Thank you very much!
My laptop is Dell Latitude E6540, core i7-4600m, audio alc3226
I have the same laptop. The EFI you provide work completely, but still some problems like audio, radeon graphics etc.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 172
Dear ryulove3,
I thank you for sharing your EFI folder, as it has been useful for me to install BIG SURE 11.5 on my Dell Latitude E6540 laptop:
Intel Core i7 4th Generation
RAM 16gb DDR3
Intel HD 4600
SSD 480GB
Wifi Qualcomm Atheros AR9485.
I have used OpenCore 0.6.4 to prepare the USB.
The only thing that BIG SURE does not recognize is Wi-Fi.
I have downloaded the kext for this wifi card, but I don't know what is the procedure to add this kext once BIG SUR 11.5 is installed, also remove the wifi kexts that was contained in the EFI folder, since I am a newbie to hackintosh. Thanks in advance to the entire community for your response. Greetings from Peru.

Dear ryulove3,
I thank you for sharing your EFI folder, as it has been useful for me to install BIG SURE 11.5 on my Dell Latitude E6540 laptop:
Intel Core i7 4th Generation
RAM 16gb DDR3
Intel HD 4600
SSD 480GB
Wifi Qualcomm Atheros AR9485.
I have used OpenCore 0.6.4 to prepare the USB.
The only thing that BIG SURE does not recognize is Wi-Fi.
I have downloaded the kext for this wifi card, but I don't know what is the procedure to add this kext once BIG SUR 11.5 is installed, also remove the wifi kexts that was contained in the EFI folder, since I am a newbie to hackintosh. Thanks in advance to the entire community for your response. Greetings from Peru.

please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier - read the FAQ above for proper layout

Hi can I get help with my e6440?
My laptop specs are:

Motherboard: Intel(R) QM87
CPU: intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4310M CPU
Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
WiFi: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235
Ethernet:
Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM

I wasn't able to generate uefi for my laptop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back