HD 620 & 940MX (1920x1080)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Captura de Tela 2020-11-26 às 11.36.54.png

What works?
  • Full QE/CI for Intel HD620 (NVIDIA GPU will be disabled.)
  • SATA info
  • WIFI & Bluetooth (using DW1560)
  • Battery info
  • Sleep
  • Laptop Display
  • HDMI video/audio output
  • Audio works with speaker / 3.5mm audio jack
  • Keyboard / Trackpad / USB Mouse
  • Dual boot with Win10 (but in separate disk)
  • Brightness (with hotkey control)
  • CPU Power Management
  • Heat sink fan (here means fan will not always stayed in low speed or no spin.)
  • Camera
Not working:
  • SD Card reader
Existing issue:
  • HDMI may not display if you plug out then plug in.

Note before install:
  1. Please read here first if you first time install hackintosh on your laptop:
  2. How to Create a macOS Big Sur Public Beta Installation USB [Experimental]

Install OS X:

This guide assumes that you know how to format the USB stick using the disk utility on a Mac.
In this link you will find useful information on how to prepare the BigSur installer in a simple way.
After that, use the EFI attached to this post on the root of your EFI partition.
Note: I use an apple wifi card through an NGFF adapter, so the kexts needed for those using non-native cards like the DW1560 (BCM94352Z and similar) are not included.

For fresh installation, please choose APFS filesystem to format the drive.

Post Installation:

Don't forget to disable hibernation (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/)

Others:
  1. To let combo jack work with microphone, please read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-7560-mojave-installation.261827/post-1959937

Attachments

• DELL 7560 BigSur Ready 251120.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 919
View attachment 498488

What works?
  • SATA info
  • Battery info
  • Sleep
  • Laptop Display
  • CPU Power Management
  • Heat sink fan (here means fan will not always stayed in low speed or no spin.)
  • Camera
Not working:
  • SD Card reader
Existing issue:

Note before install:

Install OS X:

This guide assumes that you know how to format the USB stick using the disk utility on a Mac.
In this link you will find useful information on how to prepare the BigSur installer in a simple way.
After that, use the EFI attached to this post on the root of your EFI partition.
Note: I use an apple wifi card through an NGFF adapter, so the kexts needed for those using non-native cards like the DW1560 (BCM94352Z and similar) are not included.

Post Installation:

Don't forget to disable hibernation (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/)

Others:
  1. To let combo jack work with microphone, please read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-7560-mojave-installation.261827/post-1959937
I have moved your post to Laptop Support (adding Success to the title)

but feel free to create a proper guide if you like :)

EDIT:
you may want to remove your serial number from your config.plist, not sure why you would leave that in there?

Last edited:
View attachment 498488

What works?
  • SATA info
  • Battery info
  • Sleep
  • Laptop Display
  • CPU Power Management
  • Camera
Not working:
  • SD Card reader
Existing issue:

Note before install:

Install OS X:

Post Installation:

Others:
hi any updated EFI? please share thanks

Hello, I use this EFI on my notebook , same as your notebook ,it's dell 7560 but dont with a DW wireless card ,
i real dont know how to use it , i have downloaded the Big Sur app and write it to my usb, and downloaded your efi files, and put it in the usb's EFI partition,and it dont work, maybe i dont know how to use, can you help me , or give me some tips ?

this is the log before the OC boot list, and then after i chose the Big Sur Install USB, it will pause with an Apple Logo.(PS: my English is not enough to talk to others, but thanks.)

Attachments

• WechatIMG10.jpeg
    WechatIMG10.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back