Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] CUSTOMAC 2010 i7-930 Gigabyte X58 GA UD3R rev 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also curious as to how the 6870 works with the x58a-ud3r and mountain lion. What have you done as far as install, kexts, plist, ect? And do all ports work?

I have a system I just upgraded to lion. I use it for audio and didn't expect avid to support 10.8 anytime soon. Well it looks like it will be sooner rather than later so I'm considering moving on up to mountain lion. Fwiw I believe the card I have is an actual amd card. I bought it used off eBay and it doesn't have any other brand names on it. Also I just upgraded the card from a 9500gt as I thought it was dying. Turned out to be my monitor. Anywho I have a way better graphics card. Just want to get it working 100%.

You will need to use another card for install, 6xxx based cards have known problem.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ntain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside-21.html

I know this may sound stupid but what do you mean? Not through multibeast?

Yes, MB = Multibeast

Personally, I have had no great luck getting consistant audio with stock sound OB, so I eventually went to USB sound device so I dont have to fight it during updates.

I installed those ktext and none of them work. Audio worked on snow leopard. annoying.

audio works on my build.

now having problems with usb 3.0. previously worked, however i had to reformat ssd drive, restored from image created by superduper. reran multibeast 5.02 and everything seems to be working except usb 3.0. reran multibeast again to install usb 3.0, and still nothing. is this known issue? seems like a few other ppl have issues with usb 3.0.

yep!! no audio problems here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back