Contribute
Register

[Success] Craweric's latest mac: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H – Core i7 3770K – 16GB RAM - Gigabyte Radeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have the exact same setup, the only difference is that I'm running 2x HD 6870s.

The sleep works and when I try to wake it up with mouse or keyboard, it tries to wake up the monitor but then just hangs there. But whenever I wake it using the power-button it works like a charm.

I don't have a use for the sleep right now since I use this machine as my Plex Server.

Just to point out :)

I need to put my build up in here! Best of luck!

I rarely put my system to sleep, but there are times when I want too... My previous build would sleep and wake perfectly with snow leopard, but when I moved to Lion and Mountain Lion, went away and I could never get it to work. I am pretty happy that this one at least sleeps manually!!

In your Multibeast screenshot you chose the Atheros Ethernet driver, what was the reason for this?

In your Multibeast screenshot you chose the Atheros Ethernet driver, what was the reason for this?

More of a just in case I need wired ethernet as well. Currently the wireless is working great though so no need for wired at this point, but that may change.

I misinterpreted your board the GA-Z77X-UP5 has Atheros and Intel controller for LAN. The GA-Z77X-UP5 TH only has one LAN port wired and it is and Intel controller. Your choice makes sense now. As matter of fact most Z77 gigabyte boards with 2 LAN ports have one Intel and one Atheros controller.

I misinterpreted your board the GA-Z77X-UP5 has Atheros and Intel controller for LAN. The GA-Z77X-UP5 TH only has one LAN port wired and it is and Intel controller. Your choice makes sense now. As matter of fact most Z77 gigabyte boards with 2 LAN ports have one Intel and one Atheros controller.

True... I read on one of the posts (cannot remember where) that it was better to use the Atheros controller rather than the Intel. I did not try the Intel because of this post, but have used the Atheros for testing purposes, and works great. I love this setup more everyday. Now more than a week into using it, and still solid as a rock. Using the CMD-OPTION-EJECT to put the computer to sleep and works awesome. No problem waking up that I can see yet....

hi i have the same config board and cpu. I can install but when i boot there comes a screen. you need to restart your computer ....

or the screen is just grey. do you have any idea what i can change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back