Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Afternoon everyone, what an amazing resource this place is!

After a couple of weeks of reading and watching videos, I have yesterday and today managed to build and install my first Hackintosh using an Opencore bootloader and running Catalina 10.15.4.

My system specs:

Intel i9-9900k
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
64mb 3200mhz Ram
Samsung 970 Evo 500gb NVME m.2 as boot
10tb Hitachi x300 as storage
Radeon RX580 Sapphire Pulse 8gb
EVGA Superflower 750watt PSU
Fractal Design Celsius 24 AIO Cooler
LG WH14NS40 optical
Fractal Design Focus G case

Everything went pretty smoothly and the machine runs like a dream - really fast and responsive.

HOWEVER, one thing that I have just discovered is that when the machine is restarted, no problem. When I finally full shutdown and power off, it seems to hang on boot with an OCB Starting error - pic attached.

If I restart using recovery and then reboot from there, the machine boots fine. It seems to only be when the power is fully off? If the machine is running it will restart as many times in a row as I've tried it with no problems. It will sell shutdown and restart after 30 seconds or so. This weird error seems to be when it's been powered off for longer, or if the mains lead was removed for any reason?

I forgot to add, all of the components are brand new less than three weeks ago.

This is my first Hackintosh so I'm pretty green on the subject, but can anyone help with what this error might be?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_160528_resized_20200519_055804371.jpg
    IMG_20200516_160528_resized_20200519_055804371.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
Bump.
Can anyone help with this shutdown based error? Would really appreciate it as the machine runs perfectly apart from this!
Many thanks

Hi - thanks for replying! EFI folder zipped and attached.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
Soooo...I've had a read through that thread and started - and am lost already!!
Ran the Kextbeast installer to the two locations listed and rebooted - but where is the utility to run located to do step 1? Sorry about this noobness.

Big-W
Many thanks for your help. I think I might have found the problem myself by double checking all the bios settings. Somehow (don't ask me!) one of the bios adjustments I did when building has reversed.
I have set it again as I did when building and after several test full shutdowns it has booted ok each time.

I'll leave it powered off completely overnight and test again tomorrow morning but fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Morning all. After full shutdown overnight the machine booted fine. Hopefully this is resolved now! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back