Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your CPU temps in Blender Benchmark or Prime 95 26.6?

What's the noise of rx Vega 64?

GREAT info!!! Getting ready to build an i9 9900 machine myself. Glad I can use the Z390.

Good luck with your build! The i9 is doing really well. It has been crunching 3D renders all day and not breaking a sweat. Granted, I am not OC'd.

That's an amazing build, Bravo @blouse!
I'm running also Mojave 10.14.1 with i9-9900k on ASUS Prime Z390-A with 16GB of RAM at 3200 for start. But I had and still have a few problems to solve. First of all, I experienced the 2 min freeze while installing using UniBeast on first phase. So, I ended up after trying many methods, to put out my SSD (850 EVO) and install Mojave on my 2nd hackintosh. Then, I put it back to my main system and boot. The system freezes sometimes without reason. I have done all BIOS updates so far and as for BIOS settings I'm using these which the installation guide suggests. I see that you use also a few settings in your BIOS extra. I'm wondering if they may work with my Z390-a also...

P.S. My GPU is Sapphire Rx 580 8gb Nitro+
I made the system also for video editing (FCPX, Premiere, AE) and color correction (Resolve).

Thanks for the kind words. Hmmm... Maybe the SSD is having a resource conflict? I was reading somewhere that M2 ports share resources with other things depending on which port you use. I am pretty new to this so don't quote me on it though. I used the lower M2 port on my mobo.

Nice Build, try this for Audio fix and ID or inject 1 see pic. Applealckext in Clover/kexts/Other folder. You may need to try other numbers to get it to work if it will. Run DPCIManager to determine the Audio device.

I've tried AppleALC.kext many times, but for some reason I can't get the device to show up in sound prefs. Here is what my DPCI screen looks like currently. I have AppleALC v1.3.3 in my EFI/Other kexts folder.

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 3.11.41 PM.png

Thanks for the interest in helping me getting it working. Is there anything else that would be better to help diagnose why no audio device is showing up? Could the Inject # cause that?

@blouse,

The Lilu plug-in AppleALC has support for the ALC1220 Realtek codec, currently supported layouts are 1,2,5,7,11,13 so it might be worth giving it a go as your already using Lilu and WhatEverGreen.

If you not familiar with AppleALC try this guide :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

If your not already doing so you might want to consider enabling the IGPU and using a 'headless' PlatformID to get native support for Intel Quicksync, see the 'headless' documentation in the WhatEverGreen section of the above guide for more details.

Very impressive first build ...
Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the kind words and for the help. I don't know much about the advantage of a headless ID w/ iGPU? Quicksync is for H.264 encoding? Thanks..

What's the noise of rx Vega 64?

With the VegaTab_64.kext installed properly, the fan stays at 1000rpm which is inaudible to me. My 8core cheese grater is louder at idle. When you push it and the fans kick on, it can get pretty loud though. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the kind words and for the help. I don't know much about the advantage of a headless ID w/ iGPU? Quicksync is for H.264 encoding?

@blouse,

Quicksync is used for encode and decode ... the new video preview and trim functions in Mojave finder use Quicksync to hardware accelerate the processing ... the IGPU is also used for other MacOS features such as Airplay mirroring .. etc.

A real iMac 18,3 has the IGPU enabled even though it has no physical display connectors, it uses a headless PlatformID to inform MacOS that the IGPU is available for hardware accelerated features but not to be used as a display output device ... the guide I linked for you explains it in more detail.

Cheers
Jay

Good luck with your build! The i9 is doing really well. It has been crunching 3D renders all day and not breaking a sweat. Granted, I am not OC'd.

Thanks for the kind words. Hmmm... Maybe the SSD is having a resource conflict? I was reading somewhere that M2 ports share resources with other things depending on which port you use. I am pretty new to this so don't quote me on it though. I used the lower M2 port on my mobo.

I've tried AppleALC.kext many times, but for some reason I can't get the device to show up in sound prefs. Here is what my DPCI screen looks like currently. I have AppleALC v1.3.3 in my EFI/Other kexts folder.

View attachment 365462

Thanks for the interest in helping me getting it working. Is there anything else that would be better to help diagnose why no audio device is showing up? Could the Inject # cause that?

Thanks for the kind words and for the help. I don't know much about the advantage of a headless ID w/ iGPU? Quicksync is for H.264 encoding? Thanks..

With the VegaTab_64.kext installed properly, the fan stays at 1000rpm which is inaudible to me. My 8core cheese grater is louder at idle. When you push it and the fans kick on, it can get pretty loud though. Hope this helps.

Did you try any of these jaymonkey recommended? #10

Last edited:

View attachment 365462

Thanks, @blouse, for the help. Unfortunately I'm not using m.2 ssd but 850 EVO SATA drive. As for the AppleALC when I was trying to fix restart/shutdown issues sound stopped work for me also. The good thing is I had a backup from my config.plist when I 1st installed MultiBeast and I used it to replace the new one. Now the sound works again but shutdown/restart doesn't work. I can share my config.plist if it may helps you to figure out where is the issue. I'm not sure if restart/shutdown is connected with my audio somehow but at least audio now is working fine.

@blouse,

The Lilu plug-in AppleALC has support for the ALC1220 Realtek codec, currently supported layouts are 1,2,5,7,11,13 so it might be worth giving it a go as your already using Lilu and WhatEverGreen.

If you not familiar with AppleALC try this guide :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

If your not already doing so you might want to consider enabling the IGPU and using a 'headless' PlatformID to get native support for Intel Quicksync, see the 'headless' documentation in the WhatEverGreen section of the above guide for more details.

Very impressive first build ...
Cheers
Jay

Would having the wrong layout entered cause the audio device to not show up at all? My DSDT shows this:
Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.37.10 AM.png
...so I know I need the HDAS to HDEF patch. But still I get no audio device in sys prefs at all, though I think I have only tried layouts 1 & 13. Going to try a few more...

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.53.06 AM.png

Thanks again

Would having the wrong layout entered cause the audio device to not show up at all? My DSDT shows this:
View attachment 365681
...so I know I need the HDAS to HDEF patch. But still I get no audio device in sys prefs at all, though I think I have only tried layouts 1 & 13. Going to try a few more...

View attachment 365682

Thanks again

Getting closer, Realtec Audio starting to show in DCPIMANAGER.

Try IOReg as well and look for HDAU, HDEF etc..

IORegistryExplorer.zip

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.zip
    211.5 KB · Views: 315
I found HDEF in IOReg, so that's good.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 12.52.03 PM.png

Also tried all of the different patch numbers available in FBPatcher and still nothing in device manager hmm

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 12.38.55 PM.png

Last edited:
Whoa I dunno what happened to this page, some kind of open DOM tag or something...

Anyway here is a screen grab of my FBPatcher if it helps.

"Intel 300 Series PCH HD Audio (8086:A348)*"

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 1.44.43 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back