Contribute
Register

[Success] Big Sur - OC 0.6.4 - Asus TUF H370 Pro Gaming WiFi - i5 8400 - UHD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Latitude 7400 Touchscreen
CPU
i5-8365U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
*UPDATE 11/02/21*

Updated to Big Sur 11.2.1 through system preferences, smooth update, no issues

*UPDATE 03/01/21*

removed RTCMemoryfixup.kext to fix an issue whereby WiFi would not auto connect

changed config.plist - "DisableRtcChecksum" True & "rtc-blacklist" 5859 to fixed the issue of BIOS posting in safe mode that was originally fixed by RTCMemoryfixup.kext

*UPDATE 01/01/21*

System updated with a MacBook Air WiFi card for WiFi and bluetooth. Updated EFI - EFI (macbook wifi).zip with USB remapped for bluetooth

*UPDATE 17/12/20*

Opencore has been updated to 0.6.4

Big Sur updated to 11.1 via "system preferences>software update" - update was smooth, SIP needed to be enabled for the update to show

attached EFI is now OpenCore 0.6.4 with SIP enabled

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 16.35.36.png

Install completed using OpenCore 0.6.3 and Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide

Fairly straightforward install apart from graphics, it took a few days learning about framebuffers and busID's to get past black screen over HDMI!

Graphics - iGPU - intel UHD 630

Display port and HDMI working with full acceleration, the display port is set to HDMI for use with DP>HDMI cable, the VGA port is disabled (couldn't get working)

Dual monitor works but not perfectly, you have to unplug and replug HDMI cable at each boot.

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 21.17.59.png

Audio - Realtek ALC887

Working audio using AppleACL.kext with boot flag alcid=13

Ethernet - Intel I219-V

Working ethernet using IntelMausi.kext

WiFi & Bluetooth - BCM94360CS2

WiFi and bluetooth working natively without kext using MacBook Air wifi card and PCIE adaptor.

The PCIE adaptor seems poor build quality, two out of the three pigtails snapped very easily and had to be replaced. The WiFi card also needs insulating (if you screw it down into the adapter without insulation it doesn't function correctly)

With that being said, with the pigtails replaced and some insulting it does function 100%, all continuity features seem to be working (no Apple Watch to test unlock with Apple Watch)

WiFi1.jpg

WiFi.jpg

Bluetooth - Intel AC9560

Working bluetooth using IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext & IntelBluetoothInjector.kext

WiFi - Intel AC9560

After some investigation I got WiFi working using AirportItlwm.kext - the previous issues seem to have been because of kexts loading in the wrong order (I had WiFi and bluetooth kexts loading before USB kexts, easily swapped around with opencore configurator)

WiFi - TP-Link N300 USB Adapter - TL-WN823N

Working - Waiting for delivery of MacBook Air wifi card, currently using tp-link USB WiFi stick and drivers from here
SIP needs to be disabled for installation but can them be enabled - instructions can be found on this page of the Dortania Guide - attached EFI is with SIP enabled

*I tried using AirportItlwm.kext with the onboard Intel AC9560 WiFi card, it worked initially but after 30 seconds or so would stop working, it was suggested this could be because of incompatibility with my router (sky broadband in my case) so I didn't spend anymore time trying to troubleshoot and went with the TP-Link instead*

Screen-Shot-2020-12-09-at-12.05.20.jpg

Working/Not working

Working display port *currently set to HDMI for DP>HDMI cable*
Working HDMI
Working Dual monitors
*only partially working, you need to unplug and replug a monitor after each boot*
Working sound
Working Wifi
Working Ethernet
Working Bluetooth
Working iCloud
Working iMessage
Working Continuity features - handoff, Universal Clipboard, airdrop etc all seem to work.
Working iPhotos
Working App store
Working sleep
Working USB - ports mapped with Hackintool

Not working - VGA port

Not working - handoff/continuity/airdrop etc - I don't think it is possible to fix handoff with this configuration of USB WiFi/intel bluetooth, I haven't spent any time trying, will wait till MacBook WiFi card arrives.

Handoff is working albeit a bit temperamentally - the handoff icon appears on the right (rather than on the left like it should?) It seems that apple changed its location with BigSur. It can sometimes be a bit slow to appear and also reappear even when iPhone is locked.

Universal Clipboard seems to work fine, Airdrop doesn't seem to work

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 21.23.26.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 21.23.26.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 571
  • EFI.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 473
  • EFI (intel WiFi).zip
    24.5 MB · Views: 245
  • EFI (macbook wifi).zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Are you able to connect two moniters to get dual screen? I have similiar configuration but unable to get two monitors work, only one monitor now.

Are you able to connect two moniters to get dual screen? I have similiar configuration but unable to get two monitors work, only one monitor now.
It’s not something I’ve tried, I do have access to a second monitor so if I get chance I’ll have a play later and see if I can get it to work.

After a bit of trial and error going through the ports I managed to get both displays working. My original monitor is connected to the HDMI port with HDMI cable, for testing I added a second monitor (also HDMI) to the display port with a display port > HDMI cable.

To get it to work I had to patch the display port as HDMI

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 20.52.48.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 20.50.38.png

Finally, I got my dual screens working one HDMI and one dvi through diplayport adaptor to dvi. Just use the id: AAPL,ig-platform-id 07009B3E
I do not need to use the Framebuffer patch but need to use the Macmini8,1.
Mine is gigabyte Aorus z370 gaming 7 with 8600K.
If I use iMac19,1, the screens are flickering and I need to unplug then plug in to get rid of the flickering which is very annoying.

Finally, I got my dual screens working one HDMI and one dvi through diplayport adaptor to dvi. Just use the id: AAPL,ig-platform-id 07009B3E
I do not need to use the Framebuffer patch but need to use the Macmini8,1.
Mine is gigabyte Aorus z370 gaming 7 with 8600K.
If I use iMac19,1, the screens are flickering and I need to unplug then plug in to get rid of the flickering which is very annoying.

Glad you got it working!

I would argue our systems are actually not that similar! :D

View attachment 500486

Install completed using OpenCore 0.6.3 and Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide

Fairly straightforward install apart from graphics, it took a few days learning about framebuffers and busID's to get past black screen over HDMI!

Graphics - iGPU - intel UHD 630

Display port and HDMI working with full acceleration, the display port is set to HDMI for use with DP>HDMI cable, the VGA port is disabled (couldn't get working)

Dual monitor works but not perfectly, you have to unplug and replug HDMI cable at each boot.

View attachment 500740

Audio - Realtek ALC887

Working audio using AppleACL.kext with boot flag alcid=13

Ethernet - intel I219-V

Working ethernet using IntelMausi.kext

Bluetooth - Intel WiFi card AC9560

Working intel bluetooth using IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext & IntelBluetoothInjector.kext

WiFi - TP-Link N300 USB Adapter - TL-WN823N

Working - Waiting for delivery of MacBook Air wifi card, currently using tp-link USB WiFi stick and drivers from here
SIP needs to be disabled - instructions can be found on this page of the Dortania Guide - attached EFI is with SIP disabled

*I tried using AirportItlwm.kext with the onboard Intel AC9560 WiFi card, it worked initially but after 30 seconds or so would stop working, it was suggested this could be because of incompatibility with my router (sky broadband in my case) so I didn't spend anymore time trying to troubleshoot and went with the TP-Link instead*

View attachment 500402

Working/Not working

Working display port *currently set to HDMI for DP>HDMI cable*
Working HDMI
Working Dual monitors
*only partially working, you need to unplug and replug a monitor after each boot*
Working sound
Working Wifi
Working Ethernet
Working Bluetooth
Working iCloud
Working iMessage
Working iPhotos
Working App store
Working sleep
Working USB - ports mapped with Hackintool

Not working - handoff/continuity/airdrop etc - I don't think it is possible to fix handoff with this configuration of USB WiFi/intel bluetooth, I haven't spent any time trying, will wait till MacBook WiFi card arrives.

Not working - VGA port

The EFI.ZIP has been updated to include RTCMemoryFixup.kext to fix an issue that I hadn't really thought about - After every reboot the BIOS was saying "The system has POSTed in safe mode, press F1 to run SETUP".

Adding RTCMemoryFixup.kext and boot arg rtcfx_exclude=00-FF seems to have fixed the issue

Fixed some issues regarding Intel WiFi so have attached the new EFI

System updated with MacBook Air WiFi card and PCIE adaptor, all continuity features that I've tested seem to be working 100% - Handoff, AirDrop, Universal Clipboard etc

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 16.33.29.png

Updated EFI (macbook wifi).zip

removed RTCMemoryfixup.kext to fix an issue whereby WiFi would not auto connect

changed config.plist - "DisableRtcChecksum" True & "rtc-blacklist" 5859 to fix the issue of BIOS posting in safe mode that was originally fixed by RTCMemoryfixup.kext

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back