Contribute
Register

[Success] Big Sur 11.2.3 - Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite AX rev 1.0 - Intel Core i7-10700K - Intel UHD 630 - MSI RX 580 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: I have changed my fenvi T919 card for the fenvi HB1200 And the problem that woke up immediately is solved, but a new problem has arisen that after the second time that I try to wake up in the day my computer restarts automatically, any recommendation to solve this error
Hi Felipeip,

I have a very similar setup to yours. Would you mind posting your EFI? I'm having problems getting my USB ports working.

Thank you!
Mike

Hi Felipeip,

I have a very similar setup to yours. Would you mind posting your EFI? I'm having problems getting my USB ports working.

Thank you!
Mike
Of Course bro, I have my USB mapping with the MacPro7,1 System definition, if you want to change for iMac 20.1 or something like that you need remapping

Attachments

• EFI Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 283
Of Course bro, I have my USB mapping with the MacPro7,1 System definition, if you want to change for iMac 20.1 or something like that you need remapping
Awesome, works great! I spent days trying to get it to work with different USB maps and different EFIs. Thank you!

I have changed the Intel wifi card with this BCM94360NG NGFF M.2 BCM94360CS2. But I don’t know why I cannot see on mac or Windows… Should I activate something on BIOS? Or the MOBO is not compatible??

I have changed the Intel wifi card with this BCM94360NG NGFF M.2 BCM94360CS2. But I don’t know why I cannot see on mac or Windows… Should I activate something on BIOS? Or the MOBO is not compatible??
Which card did you install, you list two different models. The BCM94360NG should work on this board natively, no drivers needed for OSX, Windows does require drivers though. Make sure you have wireless and bluetooth enabled in the bios, wireless should work regardless, bluetooth may require to map your USB ports for OSX to see it.

Parts & Details

Case:
Thermaltake V200 Tempered Glass RGB Edition Mid Tower
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite AX rev 1.0
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K (10th Gen, UHD 630)
RAM: 2x16 GB - G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series - 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 3200 PC4-25600
Water Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240 Mirror - ARGB Close-Loop AIO Liquid Cooler
Power Supply: EVGA 700W BR
Graphics Card: MSI RX 580 8GB
Hard Disk: TeamGroup 1TB SSD - SPCC Solid State Disk (reused from an old build, already running Big Sur)
Chipset: Intel Series 500 - SATA AHCI Controller
Wi-Fi: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 MHz
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8125 Gaming 2.6 GbE Family Controller
Audio: Realtek ALC1220-VB - Intel HD Audio Controller
Audio: Intel Kaby Lake HDMI - Intel HD Audio Controller
Audio: ATI Radeon HDMI - High Definition Audio Controller

Process

Followed the Dortania Guide to build the OpenCore (latest version) EFI in a Flash Drive.
Replaced the contents of the old EFI in the SSD drive with the new one.
Boot.

What works

1. On Board Audio (ALC1220-VB)
2. Intel Wi-Fi
View attachment 514356
3. Intel Bluetooth
View attachment 514357
4. Ethernet
View attachment 514358
5. Graphics (including HDMI Audio)
View attachment 514359
6. Graphics Hardware Acceleration
View attachment 514355
7. iMessage
8. Facetime

What doesn't work

1. AirDrop, likely due to the Bluetooth/Wi-Fi card being Intel. The developer of the OpenIntelWireless kext says that, as of now, Continuity is very limited.

Additional notes

1. Ethernet

The card was recognized properly and the kext was loaded. However, my router/switch was not capable of negotiating the 2.5 Gbps speeds and it was causing it to not connect and tell me that the cable was not plugged.

This was solved by manually specifying the connection to be 1000 BaseT.

View attachment 514369

2. Intel UHD 630 Graphics Card

The Intel Graphics card is configured to run as an empty framebuffer. It cannot drive a display. It is used exclusively for processing. The Monitors are being driven by the MSI RX 580.

3. BIOS Settings

I basically did a factory defaults and then enabled:

1. Gaming Profile
2. SATA drives HOT Pluggable
3. Chose OS as Windows 10 with UEFI (WHQLI or something like that)
4. Enable Internal Graphics card
5. Start with PCI Graphics card

---------​
Reference: OhChang's Build
I want to thank OhChang for sharing his EFI. It helped solved the USB ports not being responsive by adding 2 SSDT files.

---------​

IMPORTANT:

Remember to generate your own SMBIOS and to change the following values in the OpenCore config.plist.

1. MLB
2. ROM
3. SystemSerialNumber
4. SystemUUID

I chose iMac20,1 as it has the same processor: i7-10700K. iMac20,2 have the i9 version.
What is you boot args like

@felipeip;

If I read your problem correctly, I had the same issue where trying to wake by pressing the keyboard or clicking the mouse did not wake sometime, rather it rebooted.

After researching, I found this solution. It may (or may not) help your situation. Worth trying it imo.
I have same issue of waking up goes to reboot. May I know your solution pls. Tqvm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back