Contribute
Register

[Success] Big Sur 11.2.3 - Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite AX rev 1.0 - Intel Core i7-10700K - Intel UHD 630 - MSI RX 580 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the contribution, I have taken some points from this post to leave my hackintosh running well, but I only have one problem that I can not solve and it is the issue of sleep, when I put it to sleep it immediately turns on again and some times it goes to reset, these are my components:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE AX (LGA 1200/ Intel Z590 ATX​

Processor: Intel Core i9-10900KF Desktop Processor 10 Cores up to 5.3 GHz Unlocked​

RAM: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 32GB Kit (2x16GB) 3600MHz (PC4-28800) CL18 Desktop Memory Module Ram TLZGD432G3600HC18JDC01​

SSD: SAMSUNG 980 SSD 1TB M.2​

GRAPHYCS: AMD Radeon VII 16GB

Runnig on Monterey 12.1 - Opencore 0.7.6

Any idea to solve????

In my EFI I used the configuration for an i7-10700K, which is the processor that I have. Not sure if that could be the issue for you.

Thanks for the contribution, I have taken some points from this post to leave my hackintosh running well, but I only have one problem that I can not solve and it is the issue of sleep, when I put it to sleep it immediately turns on again and some times it goes to reset, these are my components:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE AX (LGA 1200/ Intel Z590 ATX​

Processor: Intel Core i9-10900KF Desktop Processor 10 Cores up to 5.3 GHz Unlocked​

RAM: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 32GB Kit (2x16GB) 3600MHz (PC4-28800) CL18 Desktop Memory Module Ram TLZGD432G3600HC18JDC01​

SSD: SAMSUNG 980 SSD 1TB M.2​

GRAPHYCS: AMD Radeon VII 16GB

Runnig on Monterey 12.1 - Opencore 0.7.6

Any idea to solve????
Howdy, if your computer won't stay asleep it can be several things. Some software can keep the computer awake, some peripherals can also be the cause and if you allow the network to wake your computer in system preferences that can be the cause. If you eliminate all those possible issues and still have the same behavior its most likely the USB port map configuration isn't right for your use.

Mapping USB ports after Big Sur 11.2 has gotten more difficult, using Catalina and following this guide will work or you can try CorpNewts USB. Port Mapping Tool. There is also a solution for use in Windows (gasp...heretic detected) that does a nice job I can link if interested.

CorpNewts USB
Problem detected, but without solution, mapped USB ports and I detected that I have a Fenvi T919 card that when I disconnect it the problem of waking up disappears, but I have already searched the network for a solution for this and I cannot find it.

Some help?

Problem detected, but without solution, mapped USB ports and I detected that I have a Fenvi T919 card that when I disconnect it the problem of waking up disappears, but I have already searched the network for a solution for this and I cannot find it.

Some help?

Some help?
It sounds like the USB port for your Fenvi T919 card isn't mapped correctly. It should be designated as an internal port (255), not USB2 or 3.

It sounds like the USB port for your Fenvi T919 card isn't mapped correctly. It should be designated as an internal port (255), not USB2 or 3.
the port is marked as 255 but the problem persists

the port is marked as 255 but the problem persists

Mapping USB ports in anything later than 11.2 is tricky, I know I spent hours correctly mapping ports on my Asus Z590i Wifi. I edited my USBPort.kext I bunch of times for Big Sur and thought I had it dialed in, everything worked great and it would sleep and wake up fine (which is kind of the acid test For USB port Mapping) Then I updated to Monterey and it wouldn't sleep, Big Sur seems to be a lot more forgiving than Monterey that way. I fixed it but it took some additional testing. I think I ended up using USBToolBox found here: https://github.com/USBToolBox/tool

Have you tried turning off 'Wake for Network" in system preferences? Sometimes that will take care of it, otherwise it maybe your ports aren't mapped quite right or it could be a peripheral or software. Hopefully you have already eliminated those possibilities as issues.

You can also try running in Terminal pmset -g

It can tell you what processes are keeping your system awake.

@felipeip;

If I read your problem correctly, I had the same issue where trying to wake by pressing the keyboard or clicking the mouse did not wake sometime, rather it rebooted.

After researching, I found this solution. It may (or may not) help your situation. Worth trying it imo.

Last edited:
Have you tried upgrading in place to Monterey?
I am rocking the same combo as you do

UPDATE: I have changed my fenvi T919 card for the fenvi HB1200 And the problem that woke up immediately is solved, but a new problem has arisen that after the second time that I try to wake up in the day my computer restarts automatically, any recommendation to solve this error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back