Contribute
Register

success ! Big Sur 11.1, OC 0.6.4, Z97X UD3H bk, i7 - 4790K, intel HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a z97x-gaming gt everything seems to run fine but the ethernet net. Can't figure it for the life of me.

I was observing opencore and Big Sur developments for a month. With 11.1 release imminent, dived into it on weekend.

1 My current setup of Catalina 10.15.7 and Clover r5122 was running smoothly. Wanted to try opencore/Big Sur without disturbing it.
So, decided to do a fresh install on a spare ssd drive.
2. After going thru dortania install guide, created a EFI folder with required ACPI, kexts, drivers and config file.
3. Downloaded 11.1 and made a bootable installer and copied the prepared opencore EFI.
4. Just to be sure, selected Reset NVRAM option on first boot.
5. I have a WDN4800 wifi card, which needs HS80211family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext. Could not find the former kext anywhere, so added IO80211family.kext
6. Booted into opencore and it showed a kernel panic due to IO80211family.kext, and got stuck. After some struggle, realized that you have to log into insanelymac website to even see the download button for HS80211family.kext ! :banghead:
7. with HS80211family.kext everything went smoothly and system booted into Big Sur !
8. While welcoming opencore era, I would like to thank everyone involved with clover and tonymacx86 for the support all these years.

wifi is working fine.
on board audio is working
focusrite Scarlett USB audio interface is working.
xp pen tablet is working. (with stable drivers. new beta drivers didn't worked. but they worked in Catalina )
Hi sriHacPro, are you still on Big Sur? if so what USB mapping are you using for your GA-Z97X-UD3H? I am on 11.6.1, but are having problem with usb ports/sleep wake. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back