Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus SaberTooth z87 - i7 4770K Core - EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB / 770-780Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvr used it during maverick, have you gotten the sound to work at all? I might goto clover but nvr used it before. I used what was easy to do. Multibeast, Yosemite I can't get ALC1150 to work, no output internal sound .

Got my Asus Radeon R9 290X to work with no drivers added just fine without any cmds for installation and running os.

Only problem I have that I can't open the OS after restoring from time machine making it think it's still in maverick from the drivers from Multibeast I think which got also restore which I can't open the OS even with added cmd's and with w/o the card being in.

I have the Apple Cinema display (don't judge, I bought before trying a mackintosh:mrgreen:) so the sound is coming through those speakers on the display via USB. I have not tried to plug in speakers to the audio on the motherboard. I can try, just have to find some speakers at work. It might take a couple of days to get to it, but will try it out.

I have not yet tried restoring from time machine. Never really trusted it on this machine and it only takes me about 2 hours from booting from the USB drive to a complete install.

I can detail every step I have done to get everything working via Clover. I still use MultiBeast for the install, but use Clover for the boot loader (the only way I have found to get Messages working for me). I also have some real Macs to grab a real serial/mac addy from, so that made it easy (no calling apple).

Let ya know that I have for 10.9 internal motherboard sound and the headphone piece both works, I'm just haven some issues getting Yosemite to work, some how, idk what, but i got the display where it shows on your screen that you mute it and volume up n down but no sound is coming through my screen (screen internal speakers). Still no options to direct the sound to.

Went back to maverick and I say besides OSX is better than Windows but defiantly the Time Machine does what you want it to, It really backs up you apps, your installations besides the mac store but includes like ut*****t and chrome (don't need chrome unless i need it), and your whole user profile.

But what I don't get is that a clean install will let your internal Nic on the mobor will work w/o multi beast adding a driver to, but from time machine, it doesn't for whatever odd reason n like to say is it also restores the drivers to but recently, I'm not sure anymore bc when restoring, my mic worked at one time and the next it didn't and after that, reboot it and i couldn't get osx to pop up again after the 2nd time after a successful time machine restore. weird, but at that point, before i rebooted again, i should've used multi beast to install drivers but didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let ya know that I have for 10.9 internal motherboard sound and the headphone piece both works, I'm just haven some issues getting Yosemite to work, some how, idk what, but i got the display where it shows on your screen that you mute it and volume up n down but no sound is coming through my screen (screen internal speakers). Still no options to direct the sound to.

I do not get sound when pressing the up/down volume controls on my keyboard, but if I play an audio clip, I hear it. And, you're saying under System Preferences/Sound you show nothing under Output or Input?

Went back to maverick and I say besides OSX is better than Windows but defiantly the Time Machine does what you want it to, It really backs up you apps, your installations besides the mac store but includes like ut*****t and chrome (don't need chrome unless i need it), and your whole user profile.

But what I don't get is that a clean install will let your internal Nic on the mobor will work w/o multi beast adding a driver to, but from time machine, it doesn't for whatever odd reason n like to say is it also restores the drivers to but recently, I'm not sure anymore bc when restoring, my mic worked at one time and the next it didn't and after that, reboot it and i couldn't get osx to pop up again after the 2nd time after a successful time machine restore. weird, but at that point, before i rebooted again, i should've used multi beast to install drivers but didn't.

I might give time machine a try to see what does/doesn't work. If it won't restore everything like I had it, that would simply drive me crazy. :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
1. ya, i was messing around installing the other alc's if they would work and manage the onscreen volume display to work, which alc idk and the sound then still didn't work.

2. my files and all the stuff i ever used and the last place i had them is in the same location and the layout of my icons all over my screen are in the exact same spot my backup was last backup to.

All my importent files i use everyday are on my 2TB external drive. I finally wiped my hack windows 7 since there wasn't really anything on it since being a 128GB SSD, I'm testing Yosemite on that one.

btw, not mic but the nic* autocorrect error. network port onboard.

1. ya, i was messing around installing the other alc's if they would work and manage the onscreen volume display to work, which alc idk and the sound then still didn't work.

2. my files and all the stuff i ever used and the last place i had them is in the same location and the layout of my icons all over my screen are in the exact same spot my backup was last backup to.

All my importent files i use everyday are on my 2TB external drive. I finally wiped my hack windows 7 since there wasn't really anything on it since being a 128GB SSD, I'm testing Yosemite on that one.

btw, not mic but the nic* autocorrect error. network port onboard.

Sorry, work has been a bit hectic. I do have the same issue. My headphones do not work and I see no other audio device other than "Display Audio". I tried the latest greatest MultiBeast and Clover, but to no avail. It's not that big of a deal for me since I am needing a headset update as well. I will post here if I find a solution though.

I finally figured what i did wrong and felt my gut about it too, i guess it was a while and should've listen to it,
I didn't use the
Quick Start>DSDT Free​
and then the rest of what I needed, feel like a complete dumb ass about it. no wonder my backup save for mavericks wasn't working, feel like an idiot now. (kingdom hearts style "jeez I'm n idiot")

edit:
I'm going to start a brand new one now for my current correct specs for Yosemite.

Hello guys/girls :)

Need a little help regarding my system, i have :

Sabertooth Z87
4x4 HyperX Beast 2400Mhz
Evo 840 250Gb
Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 980

First off i want to know if this setup will work at all (my first Hackintosh).. Cause i spent 4 hours yesterday trying to pass boot loader or apple screen but no luck.. I followed this guide here and Tony-s "basic" guide but i guess something is incompatible here.. I am at work atm so i don't have screenshots where i get stuck (system hangs) on some posts.. I tried -x, -v, both -x -v, even with whole string on basic guide but it still hangs.. From what i remember was something with incomaptible Cpu 0xC3 (was the last string before system freezes). I will try to on mobo graphics cause gtx 980 maybe hanging here but that's why you are here to help.. I know it's hard without screenshots but will post them when i get home.

Thanks for any opinion or suggestion given :)

!!!UPDATE!!!

I managed to get into installer after reading forums for hours :)

Anyways for this system i used flags : PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=4096 nv_disable=1

Ok phew.. Now to install Yosemite and i will keep update-ing :)

Hello guys/girls :)

Need a little help regarding my system, i have :

Sabertooth Z87
4x4 HyperX Beast 2400Mhz
Evo 840 250Gb
Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 980

First off i want to know if this setup will work at all (my first Hackintosh).. Cause i spent 4 hours yesterday trying to pass boot loader or apple screen but no luck.. I followed this guide here and Tony-s "basic" guide but i guess something is incompatible here.. I am at work atm so i don't have screenshots where i get stuck (system hangs) on some posts.. I tried -x, -v, both -x -v, even with whole string on basic guide but it still hangs.. From what i remember was something with incomaptible Cpu 0xC3 (was the last string before system freezes). I will try to on mobo graphics cause gtx 980 maybe hanging here but that's why you are here to help.. I know it's hard without screenshots but will post them when i get home.

Thanks for any opinion or suggestion given :)

!!!UPDATE!!!

I managed to get into installer after reading forums for hours :)

Anyways for this system i used flags : PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=4096 nv_disable=1

Ok phew.. Now to install Yosemite and i will keep update-ing :)

90 % Success.. No DAMN sound -.- even tho i selected ALC1150.. Is there any way to make it run?

Anyway here are some screenshots :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 20.29.03.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 20.29.03.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 20.29.20.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 20.29.20.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 20.29.40.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 20.29.40.png
    132 KB · Views: 116
90 % Success.. No DAMN sound -.- even tho i selected ALC1150.. Is there any way to make it run?

Anyway here are some screenshots :)

Sound FIXEDDDDD :D So anyway ALC1150 in multibeast doesnt work but I've read about sound on Asus boards (Works with Gigabyte as well) and i have found that someone used VoodooHDA 2.8.6, just download it, use some program to install kext and voila it works!! :D And ofc go to sound properties and switch to green out rear port, not front :D

Cheers everyone, if you need any help yell :)

already fixed my issue, used MultiBeast
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx >ALC1150​

i screwed up my Mavericks so I'm happy once i go over to Yosemite. might have to transfer my data manually than using my cloud external desktop drive storage due to my mouse of any mouse will no longer work but my keyboard works fine, go figure.

1/15/15
Asus Sabertooth Z87 i7 4770K Asus Radeon R9 290X OC
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...deon-r9-290x-oc-working-sound.html#post964922

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back