Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everybody,

I wanted to thank this whole community without whom the trouble shooting would have been way more painful!!

Also I thought that I could share my config because I felt like I would maybe contribute to helping some other fellow hackintoshers. Here is my config, I followed the guide and installed Yosemite:

Asus Sabertooth x79
Intel i7 4930K 6 core
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 32 GB
Corsair 600 T Graphite White
Corsair AX760
Corsair H60

My main question when I was building the specs for my hackintosh was about the cooling. I liked the idea of using the H60 but wasn't against the idea of spending $50 more to get the H100i. After long hours of thinking and researching I found that:
- If you want to go for the H100i, you need a different PSU (Plus it doesn't seem like everybody is agreeing on the compatibility for the hackintosh)
- Reviews by other hackintosh users were not extremely positive (in comparison with the H60) which didn't justify the extra dollars spending
- I thought that the H60 would be a good start and probably enough. Then maybe it could be interesting to look into customized watercooling, down the line (very far down the line)​

Issues I encountered post build:
- The only flag I had to use to start the installation was npci=0x2000. Once you've installed your OS and you were able to start your machine on your drive, go into the extra folder and add the flag to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Right under <key>Kernel Flags</key> add <string>npci=0x2000</string>
- Also I found out that setting the UseKernelCache flag to No would avoid many headaches as to why my machine was not booting
- If you are under Yosemite and you're trying to use an Mbox 2 Mini, download the driver 10.3.3 (not the 10.3.9)​

I don't know if I was of a big help, but I really wanted to contribute!

Good luck to all of you!

Happy hackintosh!!
David

PS: feel free to comment on my config or my post if you think that I was completely wrong (or right :) )

*[SUCCESS] Asus Sabertooth x79 / i7 4930K

Hey everybody. First post here. I'm about to embark on a similar build. Glad to see yours went ok!

I went with the H60 CPU cooler also. Should be just fine. The only thing I'm worried about is getting the installer. Good to see that you had minimal issues and those flags worked. You didn't have to use a patched kernel for the 4930k?

I heard compatibility might improve later this year, so I might see if I can get windows 7 up and running first and then jump in with Mulibeast and all that later this winter.

My parts are listed here:

Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 11.02.36 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back