Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming + i7-9700k + Asus TUF RX 6800 XT + UHD 630 Headless + Big Sur / Monterey + OpenCore 0.7.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Direct update to 11.5 without problems!

I haven't had time to try it yet.

Please upload EFI of lastest Opencore 0.7.5 and Monterey MacOS

Updated all kext and OpenCore to 0.7.5 (Monterey support)
Added MacPro7,1 SMBIOS EFI.

Last edited:
Hi

I am trying to get Monterey installed as a fresh install , i have previously has Catalina working without issues for over a year now.

I am using the EFI for the z390 gaming-e board and rx580 GPU from the first page of this thread (oc-0-7-5-efi-dgpu-rx-6800-xt-zip)

From the USB i boot up and then i keep seeing this screen (i have tried adding -v to the bootargs and it shows no errors)

Have tried with and without a BT dongle i have tried with a different profile from Open Core configurator and still get the same error

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• d6627be5-6704-4b80-a1af-289c122d4809.jpeg
    d6627be5-6704-4b80-a1af-289c122d4809.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 2aa9ebc2-970f-4a5c-b150-82e9e0422352.jpeg
    2aa9ebc2-970f-4a5c-b150-82e9e0422352.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 71
Hi

I am trying to get Monterey installed as a fresh install , i have previously has Catalina working without issues for over a year now.

I am using the EFI for the z390 gaming-e board and rx580 GPU from the first page of this thread (oc-0-7-5-efi-dgpu-rx-6800-xt-zip)

From the USB i boot up and then i keep seeing this screen (i have tried adding -v to the bootargs and it shows no errors)

Have tried with and without a BT dongle i have tried with a different profile from Open Core configurator and still get the same error

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

use a wired keyboard and mouse for installation

use a wired keyboard and mouse for installation\

I tried that before and it didn't want to work , i did think at first thats what the issue was

However i tried it again but this time plugging the keyboard and mouse in USB ports at the back and not the ones in the front of the case .

I has got to the install screen so will try installing it later and update.

Thanks for the help :)

@hackingToshack : This it happened because you did not disabled USBPort.kext from the EFI. It was created taking into account the case of my pc. If you have another case, it is normal that front panel USBs not to work.

USBs on the front panel to work properly u have 2 solutions:

1) Solution number 1 (not recommended because it may or may not work):
Download OS-X-USB-Inject-All kext, add this kext in EFI and Config.plist and also disable USBPort.kext in Config.plist.

2) Solution number 2 (recommended): create your own usb port map kext. Guide and info u can find here and here. U can use my USBPort.kext as a base and only edit front panel USBs. I used the manual mapping method. Hackintool It can be very helpful to monitor your progress on the USB tab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back