MSI B560-I Gaming Edge
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings everyone!

Want to share my success installing, or rather upgrading, from BigSur to Monterey. My previous post can be found here: [SUCCESS] ASUS ROG-STRIX B360-I (OpenCore 0.7.0) - BigSur 11.4.

Hardware
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz
GPU - Radeon RX 580 Series
Motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX B360-I Gaming | Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family LPC Controller (B360) - A308
Ethernet - Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V
Wireless - Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

01-13-2021 - Update
I found help on doing some adjustments to my installed kexts and my config.plist.
  1. Removed IntelBluetoothFirmware which was basically interfering the BlueToolFixup kext.
  2. Enabled SecureBootModel (Misc - Security - SecureBootModel) from "Disabled" to "Default".
  3. I noticed my Wi-Fi wasn't working at all (wasn't truly a problem since I rely mostly on Ethernet) so I updated the AirportItlwm kext from 2.0.0 to 2.1.0

What doesn't work is Airdrop but it's not a big deal for me. If someone has a fix for that let me know.

Thanks!

01-12-2021 - Update
After updating OpenCore from 0.7.0 to 0.7.5, I went ahead and did a direct update from Apple. The installation was smooth and I did not found any hiccups. However, I followed OpenCore guide about the bluetooth fix but for some odd reason I'm unable to make it work. I've posted in this thread my EFI. Let me know if anyone can help me out what I'm doing wrong.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 12.13.59 PM.png

What's not working:

• Airdrop

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I have the same RX 580 and the same mobo, but I can't even create a USB stick that will boot to give me an option to install Monterey (or Big Sur, or Catalina). Are you following the guide here to make a bootable drive?

I'm making the drive on a M1 chipset. Could that cause a problem?

you here?
Hi Raintoad.

I apologize for not answering. I've followed the OpenCore guide for BigSur and then just adjusted the EFI. I will add the files to the thread so you can have everything.

Also, the bootable drive is just fine on the M1 chip because I've actually got it from my wife's Macbook Air which is a M1 chip.

Can you add the files to the thread please? I got the Big Sur working but only one time. Now I'm stuck back to where I was again and no idea how I got it working the one time.

I got both Big Sur and Monterey installed at this point, but for Monterey I don't have sound working. I don't see anything in your comments about doing anything to get sound working from Big Sur.

You mentioned the wifi not working in Monterey and the fix for that, but sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back