Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus P8Z77M-Pro i5 3.2 w/ nVidia GTX650ti Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Callil1 (Chris), no problem at all. I have attached my 2105 patched bios for download on Post #8 so you don't need to go through the process of using PMPatch. Just follow my original guide for mavericks...

• download my 2105 from post #8
  • rename patched BIOS to P8Z77MP.CAP (if necessary) and copy it to the root of a USB thumb drive
  • shut the system down (power should still be flowing, the mobo green light should be on)
  • plugged in the USB thumb drive to the flashback port, press the flashback button (inside the mobo, check your manual). the flashback light will keep flashing and stop when done
  • unplug USB thumb drive and powered the PC up

i would download the original 2105 from Asus and place it on a different thumb drive just in case the installation fails.

hth!

sorry for the late reply.

i guess you can but there may be differences here and there. you may need to read up on your Intel 82579V LAN controller and skip the step on my guide.

Finally had time to update to 10.10.3.

-Downloaded the latest Yosemite 10.10.3 Combo Update (1.9gb) from the apple website
-i just followed Stork's guide on upgrading but took some necessary steps since Chimera v4.1.0 was updated and a new copy of MultiBeast Yosemite v7.3.0 was released recently
-using the new MultiBeast I basically used my old settings from previous Yosemite with the following changes...
--I am now using the new MultiBeast included drivers for my Realtek ALC892 audio and tried the Realtek RTL8111 v1.2.3 which seems to work

notes: I am hearing some static noises from the speakers even when there is nothing playing on VLC. also I have an old A4tech PK635-M webcam and even when i turn the microphone off from the sound preferences it still continues to gather background sounds that caused some irritating feedback when playing music at high volumes (which how i like to listen). I disconnected the pink mic plug... searching for drivers now.

Attached the screens of the MultiBeast configuration, hth!

Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 11.57.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-24 at 11.png

Thanks heaps for taking the time to put the guide together! Just wondering, did you ever manage to fix the static from the speaker issue?

You're welcome. I actually just unplugged the mic, I was not using it that much anyways. Without the mic plugged in there was no issues with my audio. I hope to get a new web cam soon which has compatible drivers, just kind of busy with work. I'll update here when I find one I like.

You're welcome. I actually just unplugged the mic, I was not using it that much anyways. Without the mic plugged in there was no issues with my audio. I hope to get a new web cam soon which has compatible drivers, just kind of busy with work. I'll update here when I find one I like.

What about USB3?

Does it work? if so what USB3 controller does this board have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back