Contribute
Register

( Success ) Asus P8H67-M Pro-B3 - I7 2600K - HD3000 - 8GbRam

Status
Not open for further replies.
bardo said:
Hi, I have a very similar system (well, different mobo, GA-Z86XP-UD4) with the same processor. I installed Lion but I can't get the integrated card to be recognized and I'm stuck at 1024x768. I saw you solved the problem, can you tell me how?

Gladly...

1. Use MultiBeast 4.0.2 (or later) to install the Mac mini 5,1 System Definition[/*:m:2jxkcx9c]
  2. Before rebooting go to About This Mac > More Info... > System Report[/*:m:2jxkcx9c]
  3. Click on "Graphics/Displays" and note the Device ID code (mine is 0x0122).[/*:m:2jxkcx9c]
  4. Go to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext and make a backup copy of it[/*:m:2jxkcx9c]
  5. Right-click on the original kext and select "Show Package Contents..."[/*:m:2jxkcx9c]
  6. Edit Contents/Info.plist with a text editor and search for <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>[/*:m:2jxkcx9c]
  7. Notice the <string> line below it. If your Device ID isn't listed inside the <string>...</string> tags with "8086" as part of it add it thusly (using my Device ID as an example): 0x01228086[/*:m:2jxkcx9c]
  8. Save your changes and use Kext Utility.app or MultiBeast's System Utilities to repair permissions[/*:m:2jxkcx9c]
  9. Reboot![/*:m:2jxkcx9c]

Hope that helps! If not, breathe deep, relax and have patience. o_O Let me know how it goes!

I have very similar build but with 2500k. ANd i am about to kill someone!! i've waste so long trying to get it to work, about 10 days wasted lol I think it's the HD3000 graphics..

Anyway.. my main problem is that I can't boot INTO the installation, after running iboot legacy, i put my retail dvd (or a prebooted one) and they start loading the installation but quickly show a small error box, it's like a grey X inside a box that appears above the apple logo, and then nothing. I've tried -x -f -v, but nothing, did you have any problems getting INTO the installation?

update: i managed to install Snow leopard on a externall hdd from a mac, and now it boots up in my main pc. I then ran update helper, reboot, still works fine, then i install 10.6.8 and then multibeast to install easyDSDT and now it doesn't work anymore... i tried -x for safe mode and i get a pmap_steal_memory panic!!!! argh :cry:

and now i can't get back into SL with any flags, if i use no flags, it loads a little bit and then white screen and dies... i tried loading the Hdd on my laptop, and it does load up SL, so it must be graphics related... what can i do now? this is killing me

iamcap, you need to use regular iBoot. Not iBoot Legacy which is for older systems.

Follow the official tonymacx86 Installation Guide for Snow Leopard in my signature block. But, first, check to see if your mobo/graphics card combinations is in the MultiBeast Configuration Snapshots.

You should have a DSDT available for you mobo in the DSDT Database. The DSDT Database is in the Resources pull down menu at the top right of this page. The use UserDSDT.

And please read the FAQs as they're really forum policy, not, "what do I do if..."

Thanks for replying and for the tips. I hope you can help me one last time as I am seriously losing it :|

I have managed to install lion on the usb hdd and it runs fine when i boot it in safe mode -x. When i try to boot it normally, i get loads of errors about kexts

"kext xxx failed to load" "kext load request buffer from user space still retained by a kext, probable memory leak"

I just don't get it. I've googled for it loads but the few people with the same problem haven't been able to solve it. This is so painful :crazy:

I ran multibeast in safe mode and installed easybeast and mini mac 5.1 setup. In "about" it does detect the graphics card as "hd3000 intel", so i'm even more confused now as to what is making the system not work without safe mode..

Also, there isn't any DSDT for a p8h67-m pro yet, it says "coming soon" in the database :(

Thanks in advance for any help.

@schmelding Thanks you helped me complete the final part of building my machine.

tonyoconnell said:
@schmelding Thanks you helped me complete the final part of building my machine.

Thanks for the "Thanks!" Glad I could help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back