Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SUCCESS] ASUS P7P55D-E LX Upgrade from 10.7.4 to 10.8 *UniBeast Guide*

I have successfully updated my Hackintosh from 10.7.4 to 10.8!! I read the thread that "roto31" posted about using xMove to install Mountain Lion but instead I only used some of his suggestions and used UniBeast instead of xMove. Here are the steps for my successful upgrade:

1. Purchase/Download Mountain Lion 10.8 from Mac App Store
2. Purchase and install CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) from Bombich Software.
a: Make a backup/clone of your 10.7.4 installed Mac HD to an external drive using Default Settings
b: I use CCC for all my backup purposes instead of using TM (Time Machine)​
3. Download UniBeast and create a bootable USB Mountain Lion installer
4. Create a new clone from your backup to an empty drive or partition
a : My backup clone was on an external drive so I created a separate partition on my Mac HD and restored/cloned from my external to the
blank partition so that I still had my original installation incase something got screwed up.​
5. Reboot your machine and boot into the USB drive you created with UniBeast.
6. Select the USB installer but type the following paramater
a. PCIRootUID=0 (this was needed or I would get a blank screen after i selected the USB drive to begin the installation)​
7. Install OS X 10.8 onto the "cloned" drive/partition
8. Reboot after the installation is completed and when your bootloader comes up, select the cloned drive/partition that you just installed 10.8 on
9. Verify that the machine successfully boots and everything works
a. I had one KP due to the SleepEnabler.kext so be sure to deselect that kext from S/L/Extensions when making your clone if you have it
installed.
b. I also had to update my bootloader to Chimera 1.11.0 so Mountain Lion could boot...i was still using an older version which Mountain Lion to boot loop.​
10. If it rebooted successfully and everything works like it should, then you can make a clone of the new Mountain Lion drive and overwrite your original Lion installation or just repeat the steps above starting with step #5 and install over your original Lion Installation.

Note: I created clones for safe measure and testing purposes to preserve my original Lion Installation drive. So i actually have 2 partitions on 1 hard drive with Lion & now Mountain Lion that I upgraded from a "Lion Clone". I want to test a few other things to make sure my system is still flawless and all my apps work. If all is good i am going to delete the Mountain Lion partition and just upgrade my Lion partition using UniBeast.

I also did not have to run MultiBeast at all since the clone preserved my DSDT and all of my kexts, etc. So in theory, it's just as if I had a real "legit" Mac and purchased the new OS and upgraded it.

I hope this helps you guys out and feel free to ask me any questions if you are confused.

While testing...i noticed that I could not open Security & Privacy from system preferences in order to change the option to let me install any apps, not just from the app store or from known developers. I found a thread on this over at insanely-mac.com and posted it here along with the new plist needed.

http://www.insanely-mac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280870&st=0&p=1839656&#entry1839656

Attachments

• com.apple.systempreferences.plist.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 115
Thanks for the guide. Followed it almost step-by-step and found success.

Are you using on-board audio? If so, which kext are you using? I can't seem to get the audio to work on my P7P55D-E LX under 10.8.1. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I gave up on trying to use the built in audio and am now using USB audio which works great.

Are you using on-board audio? If so, which kext are you using? I can't seem to get the audio to work on my P7P55D-E LX under 10.8.1. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I gave up on trying to use the built in audio and am now using USB audio which works great.

Sorry for the late reply... I created a fresh installation guide and provided all kexts, etc. Including the audio kext for our system...everything you should need is in this guide

[h=2]Follow this link to go directly to the thread for my guide[/h] - ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mountain Lion Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back