Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus P5Q SE+C2D E8200+XFX Radeon HD 4890

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.... I did encounter this issue, a while back.

I never did find out why it occurred, but a re-install solved that, for my part, but I'm not sure if this will solve the issue for you as well.

Otherwise, search the forum - chances are other users have experienced the same issue and solved it, properly.

But it's kind of strange, since our motherboards are - for the most part - identical, even the chipset, so I'd say chances are it could be a
messed up install of OS X, so I'd try a re-install :banghead:

When you do get at completely, 100 % working installation of OS X, first thing for you to do, is, if you want to have a "mess-up install" that you can mess up and try out new things, with to download CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner).

With this software you can clone your OS X partition, so you have a backup partition, in case your install is messed up, somehow.

I did this, untill I had a 100 % working install, after that I saved all essential files, kexts, patched OS files in one place, so I, if my install gets messed up/in case of re-install, I can simply copy/paste the patched files, and re-install the kexts. Trust me - that is one thing do want to do (you can also use this, in this case, since you then can mingle with the audio kexts, and if things go awry, just clone from your working install !) ;)

Thanks for the guide!!!

Just wanted to confirm another succes on this motherboard, roughly using this guide. There is not much info on this specific board, so thanks to tonnybukdahl and everyone else sharing their experiences.

To begin with i wanted to try and make an osx86 from my old computer, hopefully without having to switch any components.
At that point i had a club3d 4850 gpu. This card, i found out after long nights with little or no progress on the project, was causing a lot of problems. I ended up declaring it incompatible and bought a used asus 9600gt 1gb, That one worked perfectly!

I should add that im am totally new to hackintoshing, and getting this build to work was a long process. However, because i did not initially give up on the 4850, i learned all the osx basics the hard way.

And, satisfyingly enough, i can now claim to be the owner of a PERFECTLY working 10.6.8 build (didnt upgrade to lion since i wanted specific software that i knew runs well in snow Leopard). Yes, it is an outdated system, but still very powerfull. and i cant belive that i turned my old retired PC into a flawless Mac, that does actually match the MacPro i work on daily doing very spec. demanding sound design :thumbup:

CPU: CORE 2 QUAD, Q9550, 2,83GHz
GPU:Asus 9600gt, 1gb
MOTHER BOARD: asus p5q se
Wifi: D-Link DWA 125 connected through airport express

Great to hear - same story for me - outdated windoze pc turned Mac Pro. Gotta' love :-D

Good evening, I'm an Italian boy, I saw that you managed to install OS X on board P5Q-if. I also have that motherboard and I wanted to ask if he could get me a copy of his mac with all the settings using the program Carbon Copy Cloner
I await your response
thanks

hey tried your walkthru got to the reboot stage without iBoot and got an error when it was restarting. memory alocation error! Addr: 0x0, Size: 0xe8e9130, File: device_inject.c, Line 190
have any idea what this could be? if so i know this is an old thread but it was flawless until final restart.

thanks again.

Hello
I have had success installing snow leopard with p5q-pro,core2 q8300,xfx6750,ddr2 4g ram,lg dvd drive.
Here is the problem I'am having.Even with the 2 kexts files for sound and Ethernet they are not wo
rking ,also system does not show my graphics card:banghead:. Any ideas on what I'am doing wrong? I have wiped my drive 3 times and reinstalled 3 times,but still having the same problem.
PS Ethernet is Arheros ar8121/ar8113:beachball:

:)Thank you for your guide
I have had more success.sound is working and I now have internet working,I dled every kext I could find for Athros ar8121. Installed using kext helper b7 and than ran kext helper to repair and it worked:thumbup: I still can not fully boot without using PCIRootUID=1-v-f,but it works update works app store works.I still can not get full use of my graphics card and dvd burner.I will work on that next:think:
Follow the guide it does work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back