Graphics
Geforce 8800 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm posting this for others but potentially for my future self in case I forgot how I actually managed to get this thing working (after 24+ hours of trying).

Screenshot 2016-05-16 15.38.48.png
Screenshot 2016-05-16 15.38.23.png
Screenshot 2016-05-16 15.39.26.png

My specs:

ASUS Maximus V Extreme
ASUS GeForce GTX970-DCMOC-4GD5
Intel Core i7 Sandy Bridge 2600K
Samsung 850 EVO
4 x G.Skill F3-1866C9D DDR3 1866MHz CL9

What works:
CPU with power management/turbo/overclocking (4.6GHz in my case)
32GB Memory at 1866 MHz
LAN
Sound
GFX
USB 2/3 on Intel Controller

What doesn't work:
USB 3 on ASMedia
Wifi/Bluetooth (using Built in)

The most important thing you'll find is that you need the right BIOS to make this work properly, otherwise you'll have endless problems, I've attached the patched BIOS that I created using PMPatch here. You need to flash your BIOS with this using the flashback method, I'd recommend doing this before starting.

Steps:

1. Flash BIOS
  2. Change BIOS settings - optimized defaults first, then update USB settings to enable XHCI, EHCI handoff. Make UEFI first boot choice.
  3. Format your USB drive as a single GUID partition
  4. Create a UEFI (non-legacy) bootable USB for El Capitan using UniBeast
  5. Boot USB using UEFI - set options (very important, or it won't boot).
    1. - boot options: -v cpus=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1
    2. - Fix DSTD: Fix HPET, Add HDMI, AddDTGP
    3. - cpu tuning: active cores: 1
  6. This should now boot, proceed with installation of OS X.
  7. Once OS X is finished installing you will need to boot from Clover again with the options from point 5 - but remember to boot to the new HFS partition.
  8. Download and install nVidia Web Driver - once installed any future boots can remove nv_disable=1 and add nvda_drv=1
  9. Load Multibeast and set the following options:
    1. Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
    2. Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898
    3. Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
    4. Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
    5. Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707 Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.3.3
    6. Drivers > USB > 7/8/9 Series USB Support Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3423 UEFI Boot Mode Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 12,2
  10. Remove your USB installer and reboot - choose the new UEFI hard drive from BIOS to boot from.
  11. If OS X doesn't boot - try settings from step 5 again in Clover to get boot done.
  12. Download ssdtPRGen from here: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh
  13. Run ssdtPRGen.sh to generate an SSDT file for your CPU - copy the generated aml to the EFI partition EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ - to mount it manually mount -t msdos /dev/diskXsY /mountPoint
  14. Reboot
  15. You should now be able to boot without any Clover tweaks. To make your Clover configuration permanent use Clover configurator and open the config.plist and add necessary parameters (such as nvda_drv=1)
  16. To get NVIDIA HDMI Audio working I downloaded this file https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xenemmfwa1ee7b/HDMIAudio-1.1.dmg?dl=0 and installed it.

Overclocking steps:
  1. Enable XMP in your BIOS and set Memory speed to required (1866 in my case)
  2. Using Clover configurator set XMP detect on.
  3. I changed the definition of my CPU under Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Sandy Bridge.cfg and set the speeds to 4600 for the 2600K.
  4. I would recommend regenerating SSDT when changing memory or CPU settings as per previous step 12.

I hope this helps someone because I'm sure you can guess I didn't figure these steps out first try :)

Attachments

• M5E.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 532
Man, you are a life saver, I am noob in this hackintosh stuff and I was about to give up trying to config my motherboard, but thanks to your guide I could do it... I just have 2 problems, my dvd tray keeps opening when the system boot and after the computer sleep, it wont turn on so I have to hard reset using the physical button in the case to turn the computer on... other than that, everything is running smooth and fine. THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Thank you for this guide.
I was not able to get my hackintosh working until I saw this.
The ram would not stay at 2133Mhz, and it would not boot without the usb created by unibeast.
Hats off to you and my utmost gratitude!

hello, excuse me but when i want to flash the bios with you'r biosmod, i have a message error "asus ez flash 2 security verification fail", can you help me please ?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back