Contribute
Register

Success: Asrock z97e-itx/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! So after a lot of trial and error, I figured out why our boards keep waking from sleep- It's the Bluetooth USB port!
I'm curious if anyone that has replaced their WiFi/Bluetooth card with a proper Apple replacement has sleep/wake issues :?:

I've made an SSDT that maps all our USB ports, disables the Bluetooth USB port (WiFi will work) and fixes wake from sleep... :clap:

You also have to use RehabMan's FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext since I mapped everything after using those.
The kexts allow all USB 2.0 devices plugged into a USB 3.0 port to still route through the USB 2.0 drivers.

I'm including two SSDT files (use only one) and an optional DSDT file (prevents auto wake from sleep w/o power button push).

Step 1:
Install FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext and USBInjectAll.kext (thanks to RehabMan) in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Step 2: Choose ONE of the following options:

Option 1: Bluetooth won't work, but wake will work as expected.
Install SSDT-WAKEFIX in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Option 2: Bluetooth will work, but wake requires power button push.
Install SSDT-UIAC and DSDT in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Step 3: Remove any kext patches that enable more USB ports or disable USB port limits.

Step 4: Update your Z97E-ITX/ac BIOS to version 2.20 (released 13MAR18) if you have not already (can easily be done in BIOS).
Includes Haswell CPU Microcode to revision 24 and Broadwell CPU Microcode to revision 1D... the Meltdown/Spectre patches. Installation is especially recommended if using the DSDT file- since it was made while using this BIOS.

I'm going to continue to work on getting sleep to work without losing Bluetooth... :wave: for now.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    66.2 KB · Views: 119
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    963 bytes · Views: 100
  • SSDT-WAKEFIX.aml
    928 bytes · Views: 111
Last edited:
Thank you effortless for this fix :) I use an external USB adapter on my machine so loosing onboard Bluetooth is not a problem.

Mojave works fine but wake from USB (Clicking with the mouse / Any button on the keyboard) still not working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back