Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

As for the power button, when I hold it down (or even directly short the pins on the mobo), the computer turns off. I press again and the computer re-boots. If you think the button may be faulty, disconnect the plug going to the button, and then directly short the two pins on the mobo (see manual for which pins) with a paperclip or small screwdriver. The button is simply a switch that shorts these same pins together.

Yeah, that's the hard shutdown that works on every system. I'm missing Apples soft shutdown,. Normally, if you hold the power button down to 2 seconds, the system should either go to sleep, or the "menu" should appear.

By the way, if guys have the problem that after sleep, you have to press the keyboard a second for screen appearing, use darkwake=10, that's solved the issue. : )

That's good to hear!

All TB connections seem to be sporadic. When things seem strange, I try to do a full power down: shutdown the computer, pull the electric plug, press the on button a few times, re-plug the computer, and finally re-boot it.

As for the BIOS, the paragraph below is from page one of this thread. I still use v1.6. The patch (present in the config file, should allow v1.6 to function well, but if things are working with v1.2, and you've had trouble with v1.6, I'd stick with v1.2.

One key was updating the BIOS to v1.6. There are several threads discussing the benefits of v1.2. But I could not get consistent results with v1.2 and decided to test out v1.6. It works very well, but does require some specific settings in BIOS (see Spoiler, below). I did keep @pupin's patch active in the ACPI/DSDT Patch section of Clover (see the attached config.plist files below).
Thank you.

BTW Off Topic, but what kind of music are u making on your hackintosh? =) Just want to know this, cause i think its funny to meet here someone with the same hackintosh built + UAD.

Yeah, that's the hard shutdown that works on every system. I'm missing Apples soft shutdown,. Normally, if you hold the power button down to 2 seconds, the system should either go to sleep, or the "menu" should appear.

By the way, if guys have the problem that after sleep, you have to press the keyboard a second for screen appearing, use darkwake=10, that's solved the issue. : )

I think it's actually not a hold, but a simple power button press. On my old 27" iMac from 2010, just pressing the power button causes the machine to enter sleep mode. (See the fourth bullet on this page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202824.) I think it'd be ideal if this worked, but it's obviously not critical.

Thank you.

BTW Off Topic, but what kind of music are u making on your hackintosh? =) Just want to know this, cause i think its funny to meet here someone with the same hackintosh built + UAD.

A couple of things: jazz standards (mostly guitar) and voice recording of Scripture. And I set up a similar system for my son who professionally records music (mostly keyboards and voice).

Please tell me what problem are you talking about? Problem with USB after getting out of sleep?

Pretty much have everything working as I want with my hack. Biggest problem ATM is that Ii have no sound from my Sapphire RX 580 HDMI output. I know this is a common problem but couldn't find a solution. Tried AppleALC and HDMIAudio kexts. Vanilla installation. Any tips?

Last edited:
Please tell me what problem are you talking about? Problem with USB after getting out of sleep?

No. If my system goes to sleep and I wake it up by pressing a button, I have to press a button a second time for getting the Mac full on. It was just a small problem, but now I have another one from this. It seems my system goes to sleep after 10min. Than it wakes up every 2hours or so and goes again into sleep. Have to check on this again.

I think it's actually not a hold, but a simple power button press. On my old 27" iMac from 2010, just pressing the power button causes the machine to enter sleep mode. (See the fourth bullet on this page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202824.) I think it'd be ideal if this worked, but it's obviously not critical.
Yeah, but my Power Button can only do the hard shut off after like 6 seconds. It must be some small ACPI issue. It's nothing big.

No. If my system goes to sleep and I wake it up by pressing a button, I have to press a button a second time for getting the Mac full on. It was just a small problem, but now I have another one from this. It seems my system goes to sleep after 10min. Than it wakes up every 2hours or so and goes again into sleep. Have to check on this again.
My computer itself also sometimes woke up (once every few hours). I disabled mouse wakeup and the Bluetooth keyboard in Mac settings. This solved my problem. I also advise you to disable Power Nap in macOS settings, as well as waking up from sleep to access the Internet. Now my computer wakes up from sleep only from a mouse / keyboard via USB, or when I press the computer’s power button.

I got today my used Kensington SDT5200T Thunderbolt 3 Dock (see picture)
All USB Ports work, the LAN Port and Audio Port works also (Audio port has some background noise, but this seems normal on many TB3 ports).
One of the TB3 seems to be faulty, i cross tested it with an MacBook Pro 13", but for checking TB3 functions its for now okay.

But what does not work is the DisplayPort on my Hackingtosh, using the MacBook Pro in combination with the TB3 Port and the DisplayPort, I got a perfect signal. With the Hackingtosh nothing, or even a freeze : /

/Edit. I got also the freeze and no signal if I'm using the internal DisplayPort (RX 580 still connected to another HDMI display). So this must be something else; maybe config.plist wrong argument.
/Edit 2. TB3 displayport solved by using this guide framebuffer patching with the asrock fatality z370 itx. Now it works too.

/Edit3. I think i also solved the problem, that my system after some hours wake up from sleep and goes directly again into sleep. Using this Guide with the same problems.

Using terminal with
pmset -g log
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

seemed to be the "find my Mac" option under icloud, so i unchecked it.
also used
sudo pmset -a proximitywake 0
just to be sure.

Ah now the last bit of work is just to get the power button to work again :p

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2680.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2680.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 59
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_267e.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_267e.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 61
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_267f.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_267f.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Sleeping not working well on my machine too. When I sleep my machine,
1. It may sleep correctly. Fan stops.
2. The screen turns black for a minute then come back to the login screen.
3. The screen turns black but the fan doesn't stop.

Back