Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Ah, I actually do also suffer from this problem! Before, I had issues with sleep completely but never spent the time to diagnose it, so never saw this happen.

I currently have darkwake=1 and the following sleep and power settings:

View attachment 421095

I don't have a solution, but since you've been asking if others have the issue I thought I should let you know. I'll experiment to try to fix it when I have time.

Also- I was able to update to 10.14.6 (18G87) without issue.

And sometime in the past couple weeks, the TB3 patch stopped working for me (USB devices aren't recognized at boot). Unfortunately I don't remember exactly the change(s) which happened and haven't had time to figure it out. Anyone else have this happen?
Thanks for the information. I tried to solve this problem in all ways, including replacing the RAM with another, but nothing helped me. The problem is observed on all versions of the BIOS.

I won’t tell you about Thunderbolt - I don’t use it at all.

Will try about the XMP Profile.
About port limits, i thought if i use your custom USB ssdt, i dont have to use usbinjectall and some bootflags?

/edit
Im now happy with my system. USB ejects only kick out USB Sticks, my harddrive, and other devices are still okay.
Whats really funny, are your power button working ? Normaly if you hold it for 2 seconds the "sleep, restart, shutdown" menu should appear but it doesnt work for me. Not sooo tragic ; )
I’m only talking about USB sticks. All other devices (keyboard, mouse, tablet) continue to work, including an external hard drive (HDD). I don’t know why this is happening with USB sticks.

Will try about the XMP Profile.
About port limits, i thought if i use your custom USB ssdt, i dont have to use usbinjectall and some bootflags?

/edit
Im now happy with my system. USB ejects only kick out USB Sticks, my harddrive, and other devices are still okay.
Whats really funny, are your power button working ? Normaly if you hold it for 2 seconds the "sleep, restart, shutdown" menu should appear but it doesnt work for me. Not sooo tragic ; )

I noticed this also- the power button doesn't trigger that popup for me either.

I’m only talking about USB sticks. All other devices (keyboard, mouse, tablet) continue to work, including an external hard drive (HDD). I don’t know why this is happening with USB sticks.

In the system SDST, there's a section for "prepare to sleep". The fix probably has something to do with sending some signal to the USB controller there, but unfortunately I am not familiar with the AML language.

In the system SDST, there's a section for "prepare to sleep". The fix probably has something to do with sending some signal to the USB controller there, but unfortunately I am not familiar with the AML language.
If the problem is really this, then all users of this assembly should have it.

What say @rj510, can this be the case? Do you experience such a problem with USB sticks?

Last edited:
If the problem is really this, then all users of this assembly should have it.

What say @rj510, can this be the case? Do you experience such a problem with USB sticks?

I just tried to set XMP to auto, which makes the memory to 2133. (My memory is g.skill 3200)

The disconnecting is still there.

So if you have not purchased a new memory (I recall you mentioned that), save your memory.

It seems not to blame your current memory.

HI, try to update the bios to 4.00, our processor is not the same as that @rj510 use, i tried everything and after that i installed windows 10, and it freezed everytime randomly after some usage .
i installed the bios version 4.00 and everything changes after that. windows worked well and finally could install a clean OS 10.14.5 mojave.
I had some trouble again yesterday when i tried to upgrade to 10.14.6
my advise to you is to:
1- bios update to 4.0 (setup equal to @rj510 printscreens)
2- take off every disk from your motherboard, m2 etc and leave only the SSD where you will install the OS.
3- make a unibeast PENDRIVE with the last version 10.14.6
4- put the @rj510 EFi folder in place and change only the SMBIOS part with new serial number and SmUUid
5- Run that pen, (you will jump from your chair now and say out loud YEAHHHH, the @rj510 is the man!!)
6- format the SSD in APFS and proceed with the instalation.
8- if all is fine and done, shut off the computer, mount the M.2 and use CARBONCOPYCLONER to transfer all from your SSD to the M.2, dont forget the EFi folder.
Its all, i hope you could do it.
Refer to the support list of asrock.com, new version of Intel CPU is supported in [email protected] of this mobo
I've got the same issue (like freezing in windows10 and stuck at 'vm subsystem is on' when installing) and it was solved by upgrade the bios to 4.0.
Here is the new version of CPU list (after is old version)
9900K:SRG19——SRELS;
9700K:SRG15——SRELT;
9600K:SRG11——SRELU;

Hello @rj510 !

Thank you very much for this built and guide.
I use the same board, but with the i7 9700k. I got it working for nearly one year now. Made my costume SSDT for USB Ports and so on. It was working kind of stable, the only issue that i have had was my UAD Apollo Twin was just recognised after booting another time. Using my config i also had to use the VGTab.kext to get the fans of my Vega 56 working fine. Also shut down has always been a little issue.

Last week I checked your post and gave your config file and SSDT's a try and i have to admit: WOW, you really did a good job. Just by looking at your config. I understood that you have way more knowledge than myself and now the system runs pretty good. Still i have to reboot sometimes for a second time to get my Apollo working, but all the other stuff is working fine.

I have one Question regarding the bios. I'm still on the stock Version (i think its 1.2), cause everytime i tried to get higher i was stucked into the booting process. It took me a while to find out that (i still don't understand why) this is the only version which works without any extra fix.

I saw in your config that you have some sort of BIOS fix in there, so am i now save to upgrade the bios? Which Version would you recommend? Cause if i do so I will do then a clean install, using your "great work".

Thank you very much again - you made my hackintosh become a better hackintosh!

I was able to install mojave, thanks to this thread, but ran to some issues with my wifi/bt card. The Lenovo card i received seems to be faulty. Left side antenna connection is missing a part. I already contacted the seller for another one but is there a way to make this work as is?

Attachments

• DSC_0159_2.JPG
    DSC_0159_2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I saw in your config that you have some sort of BIOS fix in there, so am i now save to upgrade the bios? Which Version would you recommend? Cause if i do so I will do then a clean install, using your "great work".
Yes you need the DSDT/RTC Patch for higher Versions. Most of us including me, recommend the newest BIOS 4.0. Yes you cant go back, but the BIOS versions between stock and 4.0 are also not so good. So take the shoot.

Back