Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Just FYI: in newer versions of Clover, drivers64UEFI was replaced by /drivers/UEFI/. This was the breaking change that caused headaches a few weeks ago and what I'm using currently. What version of Clover are you using, @daca?

I didn't know this. I've stopped loading newer Clover as too many issues lately.

A basic tenet for Hackintoshes: if it's working, don't update. While I understand we like to seek out the latest and greatest, newer versions of BIOS or Clover can break what was working. Best, as I've mentioned, to update and change a copy of what was working so you have something to revert back to in case the updates break something.

Thats right now my driver and kext folder. My plan was not to fill up the folders with .efis and .kexts for faster boot ups.
Rj for your "special USB limit patch", do i also have to do something in the config.plist?

Attachments

• Bild 02.08.19 um 22.05.jpg
    Bild 02.08.19 um 22.05.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Bild 02.08.19 um 22.07.jpg
    Bild 02.08.19 um 22.07.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 77
A basic tenet for Hackintoshes: if it's working, don't update. While I understand we like to seek out the latest and greatest, newer versions of BIOS or Clover can break what was working. Best, as I've mentioned, to update and change a copy of what was working so you have something to revert back to in case the updates break something.

Agreed. I didn't attempt the upgrade until I read enough threads to understand why the issue happened, then made the change once I had an EFI backup on a flash drive (so I could boot back via a working Clover if I messed it up).

Something you could try, @daca, is just copying all drivers to both /drivers/UEFI/ and /drivers64UEFI/, just to guard against this being what's stopping your boot. Copy rj510's config.plist.

I'm currently on v4.00, clover v5025, with the latest WhateverGreen that fixed the purple line issue, and things are working really well.

Agreed. I didn't attempt the upgrade until I read enough threads to understand why the issue happened, then made the change once I had an EFI backup on a flash drive (so I could boot back via a working Clover if I messed it up).

Something you could try, @daca, is just copying all drivers to both /drivers/UEFI/ and /drivers64UEFI/, just to guard against this being what's stopping your boot. Copy rj510's config.plist.

I'm currently on v4.00, clover v5025, with the latest WhateverGreen that fixed the purple line issue, and things are working really well.
Don't you have a problem turning off drives after waking up from sleep mode? (Disk not ejected properly)

Thats right now my driver and kext folder. My plan was not to fill up the folders with .efis and .kexts for faster boot ups.
Rj for your "special USB limit patch", do i also have to do something in the config.plist?

These files look good. If you want to limit files, you could try booting without PartitionDxe.efi and FSInject-64.efi. Fat.efi and NTFS.efi are only useful if you mount Window drives, and could also be left out if you don't.

Since you're using the USBPorts kext file, you correctly left off the USBInjectAll file. The only thing in the config.plist file is to NOT use the uia_exclude=xxxxx boot argument when using USBPorts injection method.

Otherwise, the config file is the same for both USB injection methods. (Another thing is that you don't need any patches in the Clover Kernel and Kext Patches section to USB ports with either method. These patches are unreliable and constantly made out of date with OS updates.)

Last edited:
Right now, there are only two problems left.
First: After sleep, the USB stick get ejected.
Second: That's some nasty one. After I restart or shutdown the System, sometimes the system hangs (see thumbnail). I think this must be a memory issue, and I'm just gathering information about this and will try some solutions there.

/edit
Second: solved by changed BIOS iGPU Memory to Auto and exchange AptioMemoryFix.efi for OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

Attachments

• IMG-8593.JPG
    IMG-8593.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG-8594.JPG
    IMG-8594.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Second: That's some nasty one. After I restart or shutdown the System, sometimes the system hangs (see thumbnail). I think this must be a memory issue, and I'm just gathering information about this and will try some solutions there.

/edit
Second: solved by changed BIOS iGPU Memory to Auto and exchange AptioMemoryFix.efi for OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi
You did not manage to solve the first problem? (With USB ports after sleep)

/edit

It's interesting you see this memory issue. When I first set up this build, I had issues when switching from OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 to AptioMemoryFix. I tried a few, such as OsxAptioFix3Drv, but settled on AptioMemoryFix since it's supposedly more current. I've not seen this problem, nor ever tried Auto for iGPU, but have only left the iGPU enabled.

You did not manage to solve the first problem? (With USB ports after sleep)

Nope, I also changed now to AptioMemoryFix, not because I had problems, but I trust @rj510 in this matter more.
Well, @rj510, do you also have the problem with eject USB drives after sleep ?

/edit
I also added my final config.plist would be nice if you could check it and say that's its now correct. (Kexts are still the same)

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Nope, I also changed now to AptioMemoryFix, not because I had problems, but I trust @rj510 in this matter more.
Well, @rj510, do you also have the problem with eject USB drives after sleep ?

/edit
I also added my final config.plist would be nice if you could check it and say that's its now correct. (Kexts are still the same)

No, I've not seen the USB issue, but I don't use USB sticks. I've only connected USB SSDs. Have you tried: enable vs disabled XMP in bios and enabled XMP profile in Clover?

Another option you'll see is an app called Jettison (available from Apple App Store). It will automatically re-mount a drive after sleep. (This whole issue of some drives disappearing is not a new one for Hackintoshes and is certainly not restricted to this mobo.)

Your config file basically looks ok, but it's not the same as what's on the first post of this thread. One significant problem might be ports limits. I don't see any Clover/Boot argument: uia_exclude=HS07;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;SS06;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2 (which has to be combined with USBInjectAll.kext; see first post for details).

If you don't limit ports, you're guaranteed to have USB problems.

Can you show me your drivers64uefi, kexts/other and acpi/patched folder contents (jpg image okay).

Last edited:
Back